Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I didn't ring in 2008 quite like I planned. I wanted to be whooping it up in the Sac with all the neighbors, but the thing is a 102 fever, Sudafed, and Bud Light just don't mix! I did step out for a bit to snap one pic of my pyromaniac daughter:


And here's the one who, thanks to July 4th, is forever traumatized by fireworks:


Scaredy Kat and I went in, she was in bed by 8 and I started working on our montage of 2007. In between uploading photos, I cursed the fact that we do not own a never ending water heater, since the hot shower is the only place where I've been feeling normal. I seriously considered pricking my eye with a pin to see if my head would burst like a balloon and release all the pressure in there. I thought I was dying as I hacked up my left lung. I decided that Texas was not near south enough for me and contemplated a move to Belize where it is 83 degrees and perhaps I never would have caught this most miserable of colds. And then I watched the NYC ball drop, not with Dick Clark, but with my favorite anchors on ESPNews.

Take a look at some memories from 2007. Most you've seen before, some you haven't. But it was a wonderful year!



Here's hoping 2008 is just as great. And it will be. As soon as I can breathe again...

6 comments:

Katie said...

LOVE Love all the pics, what a great year!! I sure hope you feel better soon :)

Kimberly said...

Oh I hope you are feeling better soon! Texas is the worst for allergies....but I still want to move back one day!

Rachel said...

I hope you feel better soon! Yuck. We've had more than our share of the crummies and the nasties here, so we feel you.
Wonderful pictures!! Happy Y2K8 and thank you so much for your comments and for visiting!!

OHmommy said...

Great pictures... what a good year.

Live. Love. Laugh. Happy New Year!!!

Narci D said...

Yuck! I hope you are feeling better! Make sure you take care of yourself!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I am a sucker for montages! :) Love it - Hope you feel better soon! :)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.