Saturday, January 12, 2008

This is what I wish I was doing...

Meez 3D avatar avatars games


Oh yeah. White suburban momma krumping at the mall where I am supposed to be spending time with Abby getting her "makeover" and shopping. But I'm not, and why not?

Because I'm STUCK IN BED!!!

You know it's hard to believe that someone as young as I have the back problems that I do. But you see it seemed to get worse with each pregnancy. I'm guessing perhaps the brats thought it was great fun to rearrange my vertebrae or tug at my discs or pinch the nerves in my spine while they were floating around in there. And you know I just kept reproducing... Well whatever they did, the back is totally jacked up.

So yesterday we were leaving to go to run some errands for my new project around here. Painting and organizing the laundry room. I took one step and HIT THE FLOOR! I've experienced a fair amount of pain in my life (natural childbirth four times). I have a pretty high tolerance, but I can tell you that it was the WORST pain ever! I cried sobbed for 2 hours straight!

Finally we went to an ER clinic to try and figure out what was wrong. I didn't have much hope, but was pretty certain I would at least be leaving with some kickass pain pills! I was right, they couldn't really tell me much but here's some Vicodin, have a nice day! I am seeing a spine specialist on Tuesday.

I am a little concerned about how my x-rays went. You know the whole no metal with the x-ray machine thing. I asked the tech what to do about my (gasp) belly ring.

Well you should probably take it out.

Excuse me, I've had this thing for 10 years, I've never taken it out! I don't know how to take it out, or how to put it back in.

Well I don't know much about belly rings.

And I don't know much about radiation poisoning and hopefully I won't be learning soon because the ring stayed in.

But that was my fun Friday, hope yours was better!! And someone out there PLEASE go to the mall and bust out some krumping moves for me! And then tell me all about it because I'm dying for entertainment today!

And obviously the laundry room is not being painted anytime soon. Nor is any laundry getting done...

10 comments:

Narci D said...

Shoot, girl! I hope your back feels better soon. I wish I could do something to help!

BTW, love the avatar! See, it's fun isn't it! Only problem is that your little momma needs some shoes! I can't believe that you of all people didn't at least put some flip-flops on her! ;)

Amy said...

Oops!! Well I just stepped out of the nail salon for a minute while getting a pedi...

Anonymous said...

I noticed that to!! I was wondering how she didn't find a pair of blingged out flips.

The Daily Stroll said...

Hope you can get "back" into the groove soon! ;)

Katie said...

YIKES, I sure hope you feel better soon and that the specialist can help figure out what's up with your back!!

suchsimplepleasures said...

back problems...they suck. big time! i've had sciatica issues since i was 19...that's 20 years!!! and now, since i've started blogging...obsessively...i have a pinched nerve in my neck!!! oh woe is me!!! but, i love my chiropractor. he and i...we're getting tight! i think they are having a little plaque made to put on a door, to a room of my very own!!!

Kellan said...

The belly ring part was funny! Sorry you are down in your back - hopefully it won't be serious and you will recover. My husband has had back issues (and surgery) over the past couple of years and so has my brother - not fun!!! Hope you manage to rest over the weekend. See you soon. Kellan

Kimberly said...

Oh Amy! That really stinks! I hope you are back to normal soon....at least you have something to kill the pain, but hopefully you will find something out on Tuesday to help the problem go away for good. And I was actually at the mall ALL BY MYSELF yesterday for THREE HOURS!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Oh Amy I am praying for you and your back! My goodness - being 5' 11" I have always had back issues but never with SO much pain - listen to your body now - and take time off - so you don't suffer later! Wait, I sound like I am your mother - wait - but I am a mother - so REST! :)

OHmommy said...

Oh.... so that is why you are in bed.

I feel your pain and no longer want to wear your shoes. :) I have a bad back too. Hope you feel better soon!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.