Thursday, January 31, 2008

Taking Care of Business

I have a few odds and ends to tie up today. Let's start with this week at Hot Moms Cook. It's a week of SuperBowl party foods, so if you're hosting a shindig and need some ideas for your menu, click the sexy chef and find something good!


And I have finally decided that I will root for the Giants to win for no other reason than Michael Strahan went to my high school. That's all I could come up with, I'm really not looking forward to this year's game or halftime show. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers? For real? Please bring back JT, Miss Jackson if you're nasty and Nipplegate!

Tomorrow is the 100th day of school and in kindergarten that is a BIG deal!! So here is Miss Emma's project:


100 gems, she blinged it out! A girl after her momma's heart!

On the subject of 100, one of my new bloggy friends has issued the 100 Challenge. It's a list of fun, silly things to do and I am game! Things have been a little hectic around here, okay a lot hectic! I'm stressed, I'm alone, I'm quick to snap at the girls and I'm very, very tired! So I am going to see what FUN we can have next week. Check out the list at The Red Door.

WOO HOO!! Daddy comes home tonight! And we can not wait! And at 7 o'clock, do not disturb. I am locking myself up in the bedroom. No not with hubby. With him:


And him:


Steven can address all math homework, eat your peas, bath time, she stole my earrings, the dog peed on the carpet, where's my lunchbox, and she won't get out of my room issues. It's his turn, times a million. I'm watching Lost, UNDISTURBED.

And last but not least, I got this great award from OhMommy! I just LOVE her blog! If you haven't checked her out yet, well why haven't you? I already told you all how fab she was!


The rules: By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you have to award it to 10 more people whose blogs you find Excellent Award worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want-even those that have received it already, but please award at least 10 people.

I'm just going to keep this short and sweet. I'm passing this award along to all my blogging friends who have been there with me from the beginning. So Shana, Jodi, Joni, Traci, Sassy, Sarah, Dawn, Dayna, Narci, and Katie. I love all of you and your families and I'm so grateful for this crazy blogging thing that keeps us connected! And I'm gonna give one to the Hot Moms Cook, because I think our little project is pretty excellent! Alright ladies, go forth and pass on the love.

I was supposed to take care of a bit of business with the DPS today regarding my expired drivers license. But I sighted a small blemish above my right eye and whatever picture I take, I plan on lasting the next 8 years, til I'm 40! So it has to be good, and good is unattainable today. Guess I'll just vacuum up dog hair instead.

30 comments:

Nissa said...

Yummy- I may have been missing out on some quality programming. I think you may have roped in a new viewer. I forgot how hot Matthew Fox is...

Anonymous said...

OK, I will need some technical help here retrieving my AWARD! OMG! Thanks! I am kinda excellent, huh?

Narci D said...

So terribly torn about who to root for this Sunday!

I rewatched the finale last night, and, whew, I had forgotten about how hot Jack and Sawyer are! Looking forward to that tonight!

Congrats on daddy coming home! Make sure you take some time to relax!

Thank you so much for the award! You are so sweet!

Didi said...

Thanks for the award--that was so nice. See my latest comment. :) Have fun having some "me time" tonight.

suchsimplepleasures said...

congrats on the award!! you deserve it because you have an awesome blog!!
xoxo
and...matthew fox..he is hot...and gets hotter as he gets older...yummy!

oh, and...i love tom petty but, not for the superbowl half time...i mean, what were the half time party planner crews thinking...seriously!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award!!! And Matthew Fox.. WOO HOO.. loved him since Party of Five!! (though I don't watch lost.. I know I am crazy right?LOL)

Katie said...

Thanks Amy, you're the BEST!!!

Cynthia said...

Ummmm, was there anything in that post other than that picture of Sawyer *drool*!

Chanin said...

Oh yeah! I'm wth you on Lost! I can't wait! Gotta love Jack and Sawyer!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for my award!

OHmommy said...

I. Can't. Wait. For. TONIGHT!! I totally forgot that you love Lost. I love it too!

I love her 100th project. The gems. Awesome! I am taking notes from you.

Thanks for the kind words. Right back at you. Mwah!

girlymom said...

THA~ Oh wait a minute, that can wait...ANOTHER LOST FAN, Can we get a WooHooo!!! Oh yeah, I am sitting my tush on the couch, I don't care if the kids go to bed or not! I will be just like you, drooling, I mean watching LOST!!! Ok, back to what I was supposed to write...NK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Of Course you can link me, how nice of you! Glad Hubby is coming home, enjoy! :)

Amy said...

When I moved to a new state I delayed getting my new drivers license for a year because I was pregnant, and then needed to lose my pregnancy pounds. Like you I wanted to perfect picture! Oh, vanity!

JKMN said...

An award, huh? You like me...You really, really like me!

Can't wait for Lost. I have already told Kyle like 100 times that he isn't allowed to make any smart-A comments during the show.

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Thanks again Amy... :)

Kellan said...

LOST!!!! I CAN NOT WAIT EITHER!!!

Congrats on the Excellent award - you so deserve it - way to go!!

Take care and enjoy your evening - Sawyer is mine BTW - you can have Jack.

See ya - Kellan

The Daily Stroll said...

Have fun with your "boys" tonight ;) BTW..I have been trying to email some recipes to your email address and it keeps getting rejected. Is it still the same? Email me tonight and I will reply and see if that works! :) Thanks!!!!

Rachael said...

not rooting for the Patriots...boo!!!!!!

Dawn said...

Thanks for the award AND the eye candy!! :) Cute pic of Emma!

Momisodes said...

First- thank you for that eye candy *drool*

Second- Your daughter and her project is adorable!

Congrats on the award and bloggy bling!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award! And Matthew Fox makes me drool. Uncontrollably.

Dreams and Designs said...

Wow, the folks over at "Bedazzler" would be so proud. Well played Miss Emma!

Tara R. said...

I can remember when I kids did the 100 days projects in school... that was a while ago. Thanks for that sweet memory.

Unknown said...

You are making me hungry just thinking about Superbowl. I despise the game, but one time a year, I drink your American Budweisers, shove my face with junk and actually watch football like I know what's going on. It's like, second to Christmas on the list of my favorite occasions. Rock on girl, congrats on the award. OHmommy is a smart cookie for sure!

Rachel said...

Congrats on your award!! You are truly excellent!
Love the blinging 100! That's too cute!
Snazzy mom, snazzy daughter!
Hope you enjoyed Lost. I'm not a 'Lostite'
Superbowl, meh.

Amy said...

oh root for the patriots, please? like the 100 day stuff.

as for lost, i couldn't wait to watch it. now they have aggrevated me, yet again. it was good though!

have a great day!

♥♥♥ A- Licious ♥♥♥ said...

(your little girl is adorable)
and i am all about her bling!

as for Lost....grrrrrrrr...2 hours shmowers. HUMPH...1 hour was ANOTHER recap...i mean if we need so MANY freaking recaps to watch the darn show....what does that say???? (heheheheheeee)
and the the ACTUAL HOUR??? I needed more....that hour was not long enough...I dont feel like i learned much of anything new...and im still LOST......sigh....but i will keep watching - like everyone else who is hooked...LOST...you just have to watch it.... ;o)

(from another AMY and another READER)

;o) oxooxox

A-Licious

Sassy said...

LOST and Found, and Lost again....
Why oh why did you and Joni suck me in?

Thank you for the award....

Mr Lady said...

You can have Sawyer, but DAMN IT. Jack is mine. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ah, LOST. My truest addiction... and yeah, daddy is lookin' fine!

And how cool was that episode!

Blog hopping around. :)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.