Last Thursday we headed on up to Cleveland to take in a game at Jacobs Field. The Cleveland Indians were playing the Texas Rangers, I'll just end the suspense here, the Indians won because teams from Texas are just not doing well this year.
What should have been a two hour trip to get to the ballpark turned into more like 3 1/2 hours. There was a lot of traffic, construction detours, and NO WHERE to park in downtown Cleveland. We literally drove around for about 45 minutes, trying to turn into numerous lots and garages only to be told they were full. Finally we found a garage where once again the man tried to shoo us away but I used my Southern charm.
"Please sir, I'm just a poor lost lady from Texas trying to take my family to see a ball game. Please help me out, no one has been nice to us in this city and we really just want to see the game." All while batting my eyelashes.
And he replies, "Wow you came all the way to Cleveland for baseball?"
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing right about now.
But he decides to let us park and by this time I am having second thoughts. Because it's 20 bucks valet, I leave the keys, and the guy looks very sketchy. Visions of Ferris Bueller shoot through my mind.
So Jacobs Field was much better for us than St. Louis. Maybe because we had seats. See there?
The kids area was a joke. Maybe I am just spoiled by how awesome Minute Maid is. But really you can't just throw a couple of Little Tikes toys on a padded floor and call it KiddieLand. It sucked!

This is Slider, the Indians' mascot. It was his birthday so the whole stadium sang Happy Birthday to him. That was kind of silly.
All in all, it was a pretty field and a fun day! I'm glad we went and I can honestly say I have no desire to ever go to downtown Cleveland again. It is definitely an unattractive, industrial city. But the building sized poster of LeBron made it a little better!
Oh and my car was there. I forgot to check the mileage though.


1 comment:
Hee Hee, yea I'm not so sure about downtown Cleveland either ;) I'm glad Y'all had fun, way to go putting your southern Charm to good use ;)
Post a Comment