First he surprised me by letting me know we were staying in one of the best hotels in Houston for the night. Then he took me to the Houston Rockets basketball game. We had an awesome dinner at the Red and White Wine Bistro where they presented me with this little number:
Umm, can you say 2 million calories, it's cobbler and creme brulee and cookies and it was all so good! And guess where it all went, yep, straight to my butt and thighs!
So here's the thing about the Rockets. I used to be a HUGE fan! The year Alli was born was one of their runs at the championship, they were playing the Orlando Magic. All I did was pray that they would win in 4 games so that I wouldn't have to worry about missing anything once the baby came. Well the baby came. And she started coming during Game 4. And I was on the couch having contractions, jumping up and cheering, back on the couch with more contractions, and watched them win their championship while in labor.
Through the years I had become more and more disgruntled with basketball as there didn't seem to be any more role models. Gone were the stand up players like Hakeem the Dream and Clyde the Glide. They were replaced by thugs all around. Seems every player had tattoos all over and attitudes to match. It just was not an appealing sport anymore. There didn't seem to be anyone that I wanted to cheer for.
We've been to a few games off and on, but not like this:
Holy Cow! Are you kidding me! I could so become a fan again. We had floor seats, AMAZING!! If I wanted to, I could literally reach forward and pull down a player's shorts. We were IN the game. There were several times I ducked because I thought a basketball was going to hit me in the head!
I have to tell you, Yao Ming is the biggest friggin' person on the planet. That man is GINORMOUS!! Seriously I think I come up to his waist. But how cool was this, to be so involved that when you yelled at the umps or heckled the players, they actually heard you. Too fun!!
The next morning we had the best breakfast EVER, banana stuffed french toast with a vanilla cream sauce delivered via room service! And then we were off for a massage. Oh, I so needed that! And of course my long, uninterrupted nap was pure heaven.
Steven went to my favorite cake place and picked up another gazillion calories.

We had a great dinner and did I tell you the best present of all??
Alli and Abby came home! What could be better than that? After missing my girls for 11 days, it couldn't have been a better birthday! Thanks honey for the great weekend! What a nice way to butter me up before you drop the "I have to travel for work" bombshell. Had I known that I would have gotten the 90 minute massage!


12 comments:
Hot Damn Woman! That is a fabulous birthday!
Woo Hoo!!! Looks like so much fun!
Happy Belated!
Dang, girl! Talk about spoiled! ;) That French Toast sounds awesome! Glad you had a great weekend!
Man Amy - for 32 also - not even a big 21 or 40. I can't imagine if you get that - what is to come! :) I hope you enjoyed it... I lived vicariously through you for one minute... :)
HOLY COW, that's awesome!! Glad you had a terrific Birthday!!
Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful birthday date!
Happy Birthday!
He DID do good! I'd keep him around. Glad you had such a good time - everyone deserves to be spoiled every now and again. And the girls coming home - perfect ending!
Did you get your head in the game? You gotta get ya get ya get your head in the game...
I was hoping your birthday was awesome, but I see that it was. I am glad that I finally got Steven trained to buy you a cake for your birthday. See, old dog, new tricks...
Happy no-where-near-40, troll.
I'm thrilled that my son's bowhead and I can amuse you :-) LOL.
I was adamantly against bows and all such 'nonsense' until she was about 3 and then I went kooky for them because she was just so darn cute. Today, well... it made a great picture, plus I have really talented friends who make them :-)
oh yes, you have been blogrolled :-)
What a fabulous birthday!! Sounds like you had so much fun!
Wow!!! What a man!
Post a Comment