Thursday, January 17, 2008

Let Sleeping Moms Lie

The other morning Emma burst into my room quite early, too early. She was so excited,"MOM, MOM! Come look where Squiggles is, she's in her wheel!"

I rolled over, groggily opened one eye and replied,"Honey, I don't care where your hamster is, unless she's in the dog's mouth, I suggest you don't wake me up again."

I rolled back over and returned to my drooling.

I have to say, I am actually becoming quite taken with the little critter, still not enough to touch the rodent, but thrilled that we don't own the dumbest hamster in the world. You know it took her a few weeks to discover her wheel. I sit and watch her (she's just so stinkin' cute!) and I am pretty amazed at how running in place is just so darn entertaining.



She's a damn sight more entertaining than this one.



Wow. Look at that. Shedding on my new rug. Again. Just. Riveting.

Yeah, I somehow doubt the dog would exert the energy to try and eat the rodent. So I think I'm clear of all hamster related wake up instances in the future.

7 comments:

Mrs. Fussy Fussypants said...

We've gone through 6 or 7 little teddy bear hamsters. Adorable. Not quite adorable enough to get out of bed early! ;)

Hee, hee...

pb&j in a bowl said...

Haven't gone the hamster route, yet. And I kinda hope we never have to. Cute to look at, but if I can't put a leash on it and take it outside to do it's business, it doesn't belong in my house.

Narci D said...

I wish we had gotten a hamster instead of a dog. She looks really cute!

Kimberly said...

It is cute for a hamster....Alli is so jealous!

Kellan said...

Cute post and cute pictures of your adorable pets!!

Thanks for you kind comment on my post today - you are my new friend and I am so pleased to be getting to know you! See you soon. Kellan

OHmommy said...

OMG... what kinda of dog do you have? He looks just like our Murphy. A red haired Dauschund. I need to take a picture of our dog to show you. Remarkable!

Our dog has bad back problems.
:( Like many weiner dogs do.

suchsimplepleasures said...

i'd rather have a hamster than my dog!!! she is VILE!! cute and sweet, with her little puppy eyes but...VILE!!
hope all is well!!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.