Monday, December 31, 2007

Best of 2007

Here's a list of my personal favorites in 2007:

Song- All my favorites from this year are on my playlist right now. My top tunes for dish washing, clothes folding, and working out to. But my favorite would have to be Timbaland's The Way I Are. Love the beat! That man is amazing on everything he has done this year!

Movie- So, so many to choose from. I loved Harry Potter, Enchanted, Hairspray, and Ratatouille. But my favorite for the year, hands down, is Transformers! Who knew it would be so funny? That Shia LeBeouf is definitely one to keep your eye on. We can't wait for the sequel!

Book- Well I read a lot of them and this is a toughie. Loved The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. Hated Life of Pi, I still don't understand what the hell happened. But my favorite this year was Water for Elephants, such an original story and an ending I definitely did not see coming!

TV Show- There were quite a few new good shows that debuted this year, but I have to say the one that I cannot live without is Pushing Daisies! You must, must, must watch this if you haven't! It is a quirky/funny/cute/morbid mystery/drama/comedy/love story all rolled in one. Truly an original! And at any moment Kristin Chenoworth can bust out into song, you never know what's going to happen. That's why I LOVE this show!

Pictures- This is my favorite shot this year:


This one is pretty special:


And this one is just too frickin' funny!



Memory-No it's not all the pain and suffering that Craig Biggio has caused me this year. It's our road trip! Now Steven will probably ask me if I took a shot of amnesia, fell off the stool and hit my head on the bar. Sure things didn't quite go as planned, neither does life, but looking back I loved it!! You can't ask for more family time and togetherness than 42 hours in the car! (You can catch up on that adventure, late July to early August)

Blog Post- My tearjerker about my dad. I was hoping to pick one of my fun, witty, upbeat ones, but this is the one that stands out most in my mind. I did rather enjoy my exposes on ballparks of America as well (just click on the link under the ballpark pics in my sidebar). And lucky you, I'll be adding a few more of those in the summer of 2008! And I like it when I can pull off a rhyme too.

Comments- I love it when I get comments, but I have to say my most favorite ones come from my brother. He is so funny, sarcastic, and always manages to slip a bit of history into whatever he says so it's just an added chuckle for me! BH, my stepdad, and his Jack Handey quotes, always make me laugh! Traci keeps it real, Sassy bitches about my sports obsessions, Katie is loyal, Shana tells me how much she misses me and how funny I am (I like reassurance!) and Jodi always has a great story! Thanks to everyone, I love "keeping in touch" with you all!

It's been a great year and I hope that 2008 is just as awesome!

Now that I've shared my favorites with you, share some with me, what did you love about 2007?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well... my sister, nieces and BIL came in town for a week and we had a great time... but it's not at the top, sorry

there was a great 5 day getaway in austin for my best man's wedding which was fun

i am making twice as much money leaving 2007 than i did going into it, i guess that's a plus

BUT....my favorite events of 2007 is a tie!!! we have the two slaughters Florida handed to Ohio St. in the football and basketball championship games!!!!

AND the fact that my favorite baseball team isn't obligated anymore to play an over aged, horrible defensive second baseman that can't even hit .250!!!!

Anonymous said...

Seeing you guys and the incredible laughs you and I share are absolutely priceless!!(can you say 'lemonade'??)

Both of my kids are in school (almost) all day.

The best pair of boots ever.

Trip to Austin for Rob's wedding-was the best 5 day weekend I have ever had.

Sassy said...

Sassy HATES SPORTS. Sassy LOVES fashion.
Any questions?

Katie said...

Well my favs of 2007 were definitely the trips to DisneyWorld and Nags Head, NC. I also have loved keepin' in touch with all my bloggin' buds! :)

Kimberly said...

Moving to New Jersey. Who would have thought that this Texan would like New Jersey?

JKMN said...

whatamI chopped liver? you can always count on me to comment on you better be nice to that wonderful dog of yours and for me to offer to take her off your hands! ;-)
fav 2007 memory - our trip to Destin
fav Brat Pack 2007 memory - listening to Steven cracking endless jokes in the car after the Astros game

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.