Sunday, January 13, 2008

Crash Course

For my football-challenged friends, a little rundown on quarterbacks in terms you may understand.

There's a certain rugged, Southern gentleman that currently has my heart.



No, not him, he's a loser.



Not him either. What is he, like 12? Can he even grow facial hair? Rugged is not a word I would use to describe this puppy.



Yes, this is the one. And he even does Wrangler ads, can't get much more rugged than that! Long before there was Something about Mary, I was a Niners girl, and well me and Brett, we just weren't going to work. See, it was my duty as a diehard Niners fan to hate all things Green Bay Packers, first and foremost their quarterback. And I did, I hated him for years. But this year, I took a liking to the good old boy. All the sports reporters calling him washed up, saying it was time to retire and pass the torch. And watching Brett play the game all season like a giddy school boy, just having FUN!! Pure joy. Yep, he grew on me this year. And now I have a big job for him.

I need him to teach a certain California golden boy dating a high profile celebrity a lesson.



No, not him, he's a loser too. Although he and Jessica have plenty of time for some Mexican getaways now. (HMIM's, please save your hate mail!)



This one, this one needs some schooling. And I don't care how insanely delicious he is, he's still a punk. First off he left his pregnant girlfriend and shacked up with a Victoria's Secret supermodel, DAWG! Then he repeatedly disrespects the game. And I'm not specifically talking about when he was up a gazillion points on the Redskins and decided that the bench was not for him and continued to score touchdown after touchdown, rushing ones at that, and he was in my fantasy football opponent's lineup causing me to lose the game. No, I'm not talking about that game. I don't hold grudges against people. (Unless your name is Tom Brady and you are a punk.)

I'm just hoping that when the Superbowl rolls around, the quarterback of the past has the chance to teach the quarterback of the future some respect and integrity about the game. And I hope he kicks his ass!


I'm so a Brett fan now. Sorry Niners, but you guys suck!

9 comments:

Narci D said...

Honestly, I hate Brett, because his heyday was more or less during Troy Aikman's reign, and I have my loyalties straight.

That being said, yesterday's loss still stings and Brady is a jerk, so I'll be rooting for the cheeseheads for the rest of the playoffs at least.

Rachael said...

aw, don't be upset that Bridgette got prego to try to keep Tommy around, I might too! He went for the birth and is supported the babes. I know it must suck for you non-patriots fans to see Tom Brady kick a** week, after week, after week.
ok, I have probably said too much already (since we just met at all!) so I will stop!
But I LOVE TOM BRADY and had to stick up for him. check out the pic of Drew doing his "tom brady, touchdown" move on our blog in nov!

OHmommy said...

Thanks for the crash course. There's a puddle of drool on top of my bagel.

I went to a college with no football team and never got into football. Your crash course suddenly sparked my interest in football. Heehee. :)

Kellan said...

Woo Hoo!! I loved all the pictures - thanks.

Hey - thanks for coming over and leaving the well wishes - I am fine - only need to remember about that bra thing the next time I ever have to call 911. Hope to see you tomorrow. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Honest to God, I have logged on to your page about 5 times today, and yet to read any of that mumbo jumbo....all I see are some scrumdidliumptious boys.

suchsimplepleasures said...

see, ever since i've encountered david beckham, i love soccer. i never watch it, ever but, i love it...well, maybe just him but, whatever...
brett is pretty darn hot, though.

pb&j in a bowl said...

Never really liked football until one day,flipping through the channels on a Sunday, I saw HIM. Brett. I was hooked.

Can't stand Brady, for all the reasons you listed.

Just wish the Titans would pick up some eye candy.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Now that I've found your's, I'll be back!

Katie Ryan said...

I went to high school with brett and his wife. he really is super nice and just a genuine guy. Hasn't changed a bit.

Cynthia said...

We are so on the same page on this one!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.