Monday, January 21, 2008

Hot Moms in Minivans-2008

Well it was MLK weekend, which could only mean one thing...

The HMIMs took Galveston by storm for their annual getaway! We had a small group this year and REALLY MISSED those that couldn't make it!

Friday night was our pizza party and unbirthday gift exchange. We played White Elephant this year and the claws came out! I seem to remember sending an email about not stealing from our Narci, pregnancy hormones and all. And I seem to remember her saying I was going to be the big crybaby. And then she stole my apron, and yeah I was pretty upset! I mean it said "Queen of Everything". Hello, I live with a house full of princesses!! I pouted enough and she gave it back. Damn, I hate it when she's right!

And poor, poor Krista! Everything she opened someone else took! First she lost Narci's relaxation basket, which no one was going to steal from Charisse, for fear of their lives! But the most coveted prize was Sassy's cake stand and homemade apron. Joni will be quite stylish in the kitchen now!

Speaking of cakes, I dropped the ball this year. Last year's cake will forever be hard to beat, but with all my back problems and stuff, I completely forgot! So I ran to the bakery last minute and picked up the richest chocolate cake I could find. Which we all didn't eat enough of and guess who got stuck taking it home? But now I have a whole year to think of something and collaborate with my favorite baker, Amycakes! (but honestly how can we top boobs hanging out of a hot pink minivan?)

Saturday we did some shopping on the Strand, then some of us hit the spa. Heaven! Nothing hits the spot like long massages for stressed out mamas! We had dinner at a great restaurant and we debated about going out and getting wild and crazy, but... we decided to be lame this year and headed back to the house. Really, this weekend is all about just seeing each other and hanging out and RELAXING. Plus we could get drunk at the beach house for free! Although my brother did text me about a stripper... hmm, guess he got lost.

I had a great time! I miss these gals so much and it's always a blast to see them! Thanks to you all for cooking and cleaning and making sure I didn't do any heavy lifting, thanks to all you "mamas" for taking care of me! Can't wait til next year!


Click to play HMIMs-+2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slideshow - it's easy!

12 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like Y'all had a great time!! :)

Narci D said...

Had a GREAT time. And, it's ok. . .I'm sure that the baby didn't suffer any severe emotional strain during the gift exchange. ;) The apron was just perfect for you anyway!

OHmommy said...

Oh, La Spa... you guys are cuties.

What a cute title for a girls weekend. How far are you from freaking cold Ohio...

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I am sad that I missed out on the fun weekend!

Sassy said...

It was a blast, a unique, laid back girls getaway. I guess the shots are on NEXT YEAR....Watch out!

Sassy said...

Oh, and I almost forgot, has anyone seen my bra? I think it made its way to the freezer???

Cynthia said...

Sounds like fun!

suchsimplepleasures said...

ok, i'm coming next year!!
glad you had a blast. hilarious..hmim!!

Anonymous said...

Shots?! What shots?! JagerBombs, Kamikazi's????

JKMN said...

Thanks again for hosting us!!!

Didi said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW HEADER!!!! Glad y'all had a great time. Sorry I had Clare's baptism the same weekend and therefore Dawn couldn't make it. :(

Rosylyn said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there! It sounded like a perfect weekend!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.