Friday, August 31, 2007

Maybe...

She is ready for school.

Kathryn went to meet her teacher this morning and explore her classroom. It was so funny this morning when it was time to leave because she ran back inside from the garage to grab her backpack. She held up her lunchbox and gave me a stern look while asking me where was the food? It was hard to explain that we were only going for an hour.


Once we got there it was like she had been in school for years! She loved coloring and it was dang near impossible to drag her away from the manipulatives. Her teacher is an awesome lady and it feels good to know that Kathryn will be in great hands when she is away from me.


And finally! What I have been searching for, for almost a year, three year old girls to play with!! We met several new friends and some of them even live here in our neighborhood. We hope to have many play dates in the future. And the moms weren't too bad either!


I know I will miss her terribly. This is a big step for all of us. But I won't miss having to grab a snack or juice every 15 minutes, or listening to Nick Jr. all morning, or having to wipe her bottom all day, or coming across little surprises like this:





Yeah definitely won't miss the little surprises.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm So glad to hear that she enjoyed meeting her teacher & checking out her class, she looks SOO big and she's just too cute!!

JKMN said...

Is that modern tp art?

Sarah said...

How cute! She is going to love going to school, and you are going LOVE having a couple of free days! Enjoy...

Sassy said...

Oh, you know, I have to give a shout out for how cute she looks!!!!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.