So if you check my book list, you might notice that I am plowing through the Harry Potter series. (By the way, I check every one's book list frequently, I'm always on the lookout for a great read.) But yes, I am reading the same books as 9 year olds all over the world. And I'm reading them because I am scared.
I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books before, well because I thought they were for kids. Now I know better, I am really enjoying them! I have loved all the movies and have looked forward to each one coming out. We've seen them all on opening day, we have all the DVDs. But I don't think that I can wait however many years for the 7th movie to come out to see what happens to dear Harry and his friends. And I don't think that I will be able to "stay in the dark" that long either. Someone, somewhere is going to blow it for me. That's why I'm reading, because I'm scared I'll find out.
So today while I took Emma to Tae Kwon Do I sat down to read my book. An older sister of one of the kids in class sat next to me, she looked to be about 13.
Oh I have that book!
Really?
Yeah, it's a great book, I've read all of them!
Hmm, well I'm just starting but they are very good.
You know what I don't like? I don't like how from Book 4 on, there is always...
I'm sorry sweetie, I'm only on Book 3 so I don't know what happens in Book 4 on.
Well, haven't you seen the movies? They're really good too.
Yes, but the books are different and I would really just like to read them.
Well, I just finished Book 7 and you know how everyone says that...
Oh honey, PLEASE don't tell me what everyone says. And PLEASE don't tell me what happens! I'm really just trying to read them without any surprises.
Okay, but it's really good!
ARGHH!!!! This is what I am afraid of! I'm trying so hard to keep myself in the dark. My daughter, my mother, my brother, my cousins, have all been swore to secrecy. And now some random kid is just willing to go and try and blow the whole thing for me.
So the way I see it, I have until Monday at 5pm to finish the whole Harry Potter series. Because that's Emma's next Tae Kwon Do class and I have a feeling I won't be able to stop this girl again.
Come to think about it, she did come across a bit like Hermione.
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


3 comments:
I am right there with you...just started book three again...I have lost my book six, now I have to buy it again. Just don't read or listen to any news and you will be fine. I never found out about book six with that strategy...but don't have any kids that can read or have reading friends either! :)
I did the same--went back to book one since the last I read was book 3 so long ago. I'm hoping that I'll breeze through them pretty quickly once school starts!
I am motivated-one of these days I will pick the series up and start them....right after I finish another 30 thousand trash-tastic New York socialite novels
Post a Comment