Today the pastor was telling a story about how a stranger had stopped and helped him push his car that had run out of gas to the gas station the other night. And I was thinking that I really love to hear stories like that. About how people just do good deeds for strangers. It doesn't happen a whole lot anymore, I think society has gotten very used to looking the other way.
So I started to think about if I am a person who stops to "help people out". Because I would like to be. I would like to make a difference in someone's life, no matter how small. Then I remembered the girl in the bar last week.
We were in the bathroom and this beautiful 20-something exits the stall and goes to wash her hands. She is completely oblivious to the fact that her mini skirt is tucked into her thong.
"Umm, honey, you might want to readjust your skirt before you go out there", I say.
She thanks me profusely letting me know again and again and AGAIN how grateful she is that I informed her of her wardrobe emergency.
Yes she was very grateful.
My husband and brother, not so much.
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
5 months ago


5 comments:
such a let down...
You are so crazy...I picked up an old woman about 80 walking with two sacks of groceries the other day and took her home...Steve gave me the "our children were in the car" speech...what if they weren't? I guess a dead mommy is OK... :) ha! :) Instead when she got out, she turned and told the kids what a special mommy they had, that she did not know many that would stop to help a stranger. THAT was enough for me. Now, everytime we pass the spot where we picked her up, the kids look for her to give her another ride. :) hahaha! Your good deed was MUCH more comical. I need to live on the edge a little...maybe next time my grandma might have no teeth and a fanny pack with a pistol in it?!?
When you guys were here, we were walking back to the car from the ball game, we passed a homeless guy. I dug around in my purse-we were already passed him, and I turned back to give him the measly change in my purse. Abby, ran back with me and said "God Bless You!" to the guy and Alli told me I was so nice. That change was nothing to me in my purse, may have been no big deal to the homeless guy, but your girls response was the world.
When I ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere, a good samaritan offered to buy me to some gas. I figured Rob would be there soon, so I passed. Everyone seems to be only looking out for themselves these days, so it's so wonderful to hear about people who will stop to do the right thing.
Ummm...seems you helped that girl out immensely. Becca gave a little family lesson tonight on service, and I was telling all kinds of stories about how Sterling had helped people out...and in my head I was thinking that I didn't have so many stories about me. Need to get kickin' on that one.
Post a Comment