Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bring It On!

Because I know you have been dying to know all about how my draft turned out last night...

Out of the magical bag of dominoes, I drew number 1 which meant I got first pick which meant I got LaDanian Tomlinson which means I am going to kick every one of those guy's butts!!

Seriously I don't even have to play any one else in my line up, LT is that good! I'm stoked!!

But of course I drafted numerous other bad ass players. And who cares if the average age of my receivers is 36? Maturity and consistency baby, that's what counts. Plus I have a thing for older men.

But the championship, it's as good as mine!

Note that there is absolutely no cockiness whatsoever in my tone here, because remember I learned my lesson last year, I was humbled. OR NOT!

In the words of Spongebob: I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready eddy eddy eddy!
In the words of the Cheetah Girls: Girl Power! Girl Power!
In the words of Pat Benatar: Hit Me with Your Best Shot!
And paraphrasing the words of Queen: I'll Be the Champion!

And since that all was like reading Greek for a vast majority of you, my oh-so girly team name this year is Football Chic. So fitting don't you think?



Especially in a glittery pink LT jersey!

6 comments:

Katie said...

LOVE it!! I'm sure you'll kick major booty!!!

Dawn said...

I'm rooting for ya! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have no doubts in your Fantasy abilities. But your team name....well, it is a bit of a buzz kill. You are one of the craftiest people I know-and all you got was Football Chic??????

PS-good job getting LT!!

Amy said...

It's a play on football chick. Plus I saw a really cute shirt that said football chic so I might have to buy that along with my pink jersey!

JKMN said...

You go girl! But I have to admit, I have no idea who LT is!

Unknown said...

Joni doesn't know who LT is?? I mean can she even call herself a Texan? He may be the best football player EVER and he went to TCU!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.