Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Houston's Childrens Museum

We went to the Houston Children's Museum yesterday and had a blast!! It was Kathryn's first experience there, and Emma's first since she could walk. They looked like they were in heaven! It wasn't very busy at all and once Alli stopped rolling her eyes, even she had a good time. I think it was interesting how each of the girls really played with the things that focused a lot on their personalities.

Alli was very into the logical puzzles. Abby was into the imaginative play. Kathryn was all about the manipulatives and analytical exhibits. And Emma, well, Emma was just everywhere! But I think it was a good way for them to exercise their brains a bit before school starts next week.


I was really sad to the see that the "Bubble Room" was not there anymore. That was always one of our favorite exhibits to play in.


I have to say that we always have a great time when we go there, I just wish it were a bit closer!! Even I have fun. Of course the best time I ever had there I wasn't with the kids at all. We actually went to a wedding reception there a few years back and it had to be the best reception I have ever been to! I mean imagine 100 or so 20-somethings with an open bar and unrestricted access to all the exhibits. It was so fun!!


Of course the happy couple didn't make it. It was a shotgun wedding to begin with, she ended up cheating on him and moving out of state with the baby, and he in his grief leaned on Steven and ended up wrecking our truck...whoops, getting way off topic here!


Anyway a great day. I'm sure we'll go back soon. Especially since I had to drag Kathryn out kicking and screaming!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Glad Y'all had a fun day!! Your girls are TOO adorable!!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Yeah, we LOVED that museum...They had to drag ME out of the "Think tank..." LOVED those puzzles. The outside water exhibit is really cool too...

Dawn said...

Good to know! Glad ya'll had fun. Love the pose of the girls!

Sarah said...

We loved that museum too! Great pic of the girls!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.