When we decided to trek on up to Columbus we were so excited because we knew it wouldn't be hot. We knew that latitude plays a big factor in temperature and well Columbus is much further from the equator therefore should be much cooler, right? WRONG!!
It was hotter there than we have experienced all summer in our great state of Texas. So this overwhelming heat became the deciding factor in several outings we ended up not doing. It killed me but we bailed on King's Island. We debated Jack Hanna's zoo for several days and decided against that as well. So to beat the heat what better thing to do than to head to the local pool? Sounded like a great idea except the water was FREEZING!! Bless the kids' hearts, they sure did try. But the fact that Emma was too short for the water slide and their teeth were chattering every time they got within 10 yards of the water made them just a bit bummed. The snack bar was a big hit though!! And a few days later the fountains at the mall were so much fun!
And we had fun with Grandma for a few days before she headed home. We really miss her a bunch and wished we had longer! But hopefully we'll see her during the holidays. Oh and her little dog too!
Our other outdoor activity was the Ohio State Fair. Funny that I have never been to the Texas State Fair, but hey let's give Ohio a shot. It was so HOT!! Traci refused to ride on the air tram so we had to walk all the way to the back to Kiddieland. We stopped at a few exhibits on the way, one being a Western horse show. If Abby keeps up with her riding it is going to cost me a bunch!! All the girls had beautiful sequined western outfits, leather chaps, fancy cowgirl hats, and the saddles all had sterling silver on them. Abby was quite excited!
The kids had a blast riding what we would let them. I guess as you grow up and become a parent you realize exactly how sketchy those carnival rides really are. So your protective mothering instinct sets in and you have to listen to endless whining and complaining, but at least your kids have lived to see another day. We did do the giant slide though. I have always wanted to do that and it was pretty fun! And I put their little lives in danger when I allowed them into the petting zoo. But it was a nice, quick, CHEAP outing and the kids had fun. I was quite bummed that Daughtry was playing that night and we didn't get to see him. I do love my Chris!
On the last night before we left, we had some grown up fun. We went to a nice, swanky steakhouse and had an AWESOME meal. Then headed over to a local bar for some cocktails. It was good to unwind and have some time away from the kiddos before we were doomed to the car. And it was fun to go out and reaffirm the facts that I love that I am not single or in college!
We had a blast Manettas fam!! We miss you guys a lot! Thanks for putting us up and putting up with us. I'm sure you are enjoying the quiet now, but we hope to see you guys soon!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago








2 comments:
That one picture of you and Steven, the one outside Hyde Park-really is crazy how I look at it and think I am looking at myself! That was a fun night!!
had a blast. it was great to see everyone, the kids are getting so bog. see you in a few weeks!
Post a Comment