Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Are You Ready?

for some football?

Yeah, me neither. But I better get ready quick because our fantasy draft is tonight. Yep, just me and my estrogen and 9 guys sitting around talking schedules and stats and picking our ultimate fantasy teams to win the coveted title of Champion of 2007.

The first year I played with these guys, I came thisclose to winning it all. Just a bad playoff game, but that's all it takes. I did however win the regular season, tore through them all and kicked all their behinds. That's when they realized they weren't just playing with a girl who was there to be slot filler. They were playing with a chick who knew her stuff!!

So I let it go to my head and last year on the league group I designed a pink helmet with the words Worship Me Boys! Because my team name was The Football Goddess, because I was just so stinking good. Well I finished next to last place. I might be a bit humbled.

OR I might continue to blame it on the fact that I had to do the draft over the phone, in the car while a realtor was showing my home. Yes while they were all sitting in the comfort of JB's home (my husband included) drinking beer and eating chips, I had to drive around, get the girls sno-cones, and make picks. Then we headed to my dear friend Narci's house where I still had to deal with four children and made several rash decisions while changing diapers. Not exactly the best scenario for analyzing who your starting running back should be.

But this year, I'll be okay. We're drafting here, on my home turf. And while I still will have munchkins underfoot, they'll be bothering everybody, which gives me an advantage. Because I'm used to it and can tune it all out. Yes tonight my girls will be my secret weapons. Honestly I need all the help I can get. I have done nothing to prepare. Meanwhile Steven has researched and researched and done mock draft after mock draft for the past few months. He is definitely ready!

Me, I'm thinking this year, woman's intuition is the way to go. That and a printed copy of my husband's cheat sheet!

All's fair in love and war and fantasy sports!

Oh and I need a team name, any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How 'bout...

The Ticky Tacky's,
or Vick's Obsession,
or...

BH

Unknown said...

I have been trying to think of a great name for you all day....

Narci D said...

How about Gridiron Girl?

Dawn said...

We are ready for some football! Reading Narci's blog about fall REALLY got me ready!! :)

Anonymous said...

I got it!

The Drama Mafia

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.