So I got to reap the benefits of arriving at school in the truck and being oh so cool. It lasted for about two weeks, but hey better than no time at all right? Of course did it occur to me back then how stupid it was that Bill had to hoist me up to get in his truck. That he had to make a cradle out of his hands with a one, two, three, up you go? Not at all, it was cool!
Nowadays I drive down the street and see what punks have done to their trucks and just shake my head. I mean the rollover risk, the cost of the tires and hydraulics. Hello, save for college you punk. I just mutter to myself and let my girls know it is never acceptable to ride in one of those or on the back of a motorcycle, EVER! (Another thing I never did, back of a motorcycle, completely unsafe!)
And then driving around today we saw this at Chilis:
This has got to be the biggest display of got money, not brains that I have seen in a while. Why, why, why? It was a perfectly beautiful F250 to begin with. Now you can't tell because I took the pic from quite a ways back (frightened Bubba Joe Bob might run at me with a rifle) but this is the BIGGEST monster truck I have ever seen! (For perspective that is a normal size pickup parked behind it.) The step to get in was higher than my head. I mean Bill would have had to hoist me on his shoulders to get me in that bad boy. And from what I could see there was no ladder. I really wanted to walk into Chili's and see if I could spot the owner. He had to be a 7' 10" hick, no one else could possibly own this vehicle. And I'm sure he was sitting with a sweet little 5'1" chickie in her size 0 Rocky Mountains. But Steven vetoed my idea and that was enough shenanigans for the day.
Of course, Emma's reaction...Cool truck!
We're in trouble.


2 comments:
Dear Kathryn,
Don't tell your mom, but I LOVE monster trucks and I can't wait to take you for a ride in my big & bad monster Dodge Ram someday!
I know, I always look at those trucks and think, geez, ya sure messed up a good thing!! ;) Yea, I'd say ya might be in trouble with Emma liking that ;)
Post a Comment