Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm Just the Help

Cleaning up this morning, I already felt like the servant. There's always several things laying around that I guess are supposed to sprout magical legs and walk themselves upstairs. But rather than just throw everything on each girl's "step", I actually had to take it up, I was cleaning for Kathryn's teacher who came to visit today.

Noticing that once again Alli had left a large supply of books and papers lying around, I started to get a bit frustrated. Then I noticed this on the kitchen stool:




It's her notebook with a nice little to-do list for me. In case you can't read it, this is what it says:



Target:

a homework folder
another extra folder
another locker shelf
at least 4 bookcovers


Try to make all this stuff match the Glam theme in my book. And get stuff that's in the picture of the glam theme.


silver barrettes
deodorant


Excuse me? Come again? How about a please? Or a love, Alli? I might be a bit more persuaded if I didn't feel like it was a list left out for the help.


First off, I went to Target yesterday and everyone was well aware of that fact.The whole I'm going to Target tomorrow, do you need anything comment on Sunday night, dead giveaway. While I will let her slide on the extra school supplies she has to have (that apparently must match her locker) the request for deodorant pushed me a bit over.


And remember I wasn't one of the crafty moms with scrapbook paper and scalloped scissors. So for her first day treat I got her that little locker book because it had some really cute magnets I thought she could use. I didn't expect her to go flipping through and suddenly turn into a locker interior decorator. (Perhaps I should have looked at the whole book before I purchased it, I didn't realize there was potential for trouble.)


If you look at the picture of the Glam theme, and I decide to fulfill my master's request, I now have to hunt for pink and black marabou and sparkly pom poms and glittery jewels and snazzy pink paper and shiny silver stars. Umm, hello? I watch sports and fall asleep to ESPN. My idea of girly is designer jeans. I don't do frilly, pink, girl stuff. Glam my ass, seems move like DIVA to me.


What happened to a shelf, a mirror, and a picture of Johnny Depp?


Traci, Charisse, Narci?? Anyone want to book a flight?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before I even got to your last line pleading for help I was thinking how much fun it would be to go to Alli's school and help fab up her locker! I so wish I was there......Maybe Uncle Tony can help?

Narci D said...

How much fun! If only I wasn't knee deep in Nap Mats, I'd jump on the next Southwest Flight! Do you have a Recollections there? One stop shopping for that sort of thing!

Sassy said...

Feather boa, glitter, a fabulous zebra print fabric to line the shelves, Pink rhinestone studded mirror...Oh Yes Da''hhhling, I can see it now!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.