Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Book Club

So I just finished Life of Pi by Yann Martel.

It's been sitting on my shelf for quite a while and as much as I wanted to run out and buy A Thousand Splendid Suns, I told myself no new books until I've read the ones I already have.

It would have been nice to know that I could have skipped the first 100 pages. Because I have tried to read this book three times before and could never get past page 47. But this time I was determined and I suffered on and on and on. Until the boy got on the boat. It took me two weeks to get through India and a day and a half to finish the rest of the book. Which is saying a lot because I am a speedy reader. Two weeks!

So he gets on the boat and the story gets good. And then I'm done.

And all I have to say is:

WHAT THE #@*% !!!!

If you have an explanation or a theory, please enlighten me. Because I am thoroughly confused and a tad pissed off.

Joni, help a girl out...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony will bring A Thousand Splendid Suns to you(if you haven't read it by then) I am picking up Life of Pi today at the library as well as that Snowflower Sweet Pea or what have you book.

Narci D said...

I never got around to reading this one--everyone says the same thing--that the end is the good part--which makes it seem like a waste of time to me! Someday, I'll force myself through it!

JKMN said...

OK gal - I'm sending you an email with my theory about the book. I would hate to put any spoilers on your blog for anyone else reading it. ;-)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.