Friday, August 24, 2007

Christmas Came Early

When I got home there was a box on my doorstep. I knew what it was, I have been tracking UPS hourly to see when my package would arrive. I jumped out of the truck leaving the girls to fend for themselves, poor Kathryn stuck in her car seat. But hey this was big stuff!! When I picked up the box, sure enough it said American Express. I literally jumped up and down, skipped into the kitchen and rummaged for some scissors. And when I opened the package and pulled out what was inside, every awesome feeling from Christmas mornings came flooding back. Because this is what I have wanted more than anything for the past few months, and I finally got it!!



Well how did I get it? Amex points. A gazillion of them just waiting to be redeemed on something. I'd always go back and forth, well we could save some more and go on a trip. Or we could get some golf clubs (HAHA)! Or I could just say screw it and get what I really wanted!! After all I did spend the majority of the money to earn the points, therefore shouldn't I reward myself?


And reward myself I did. Of course after I hit the redeem points button, I did have a bit of buyer's remorse. Maybe I should have exchanged for gift certificates for Christmas. Waited and redeemed them for some Nintendo DS's for the girls. Or I could have turned them into a Pottery Barn gift card and gotten something for the house. Or I could have just chosen to be a completely and totally selfish mom and got myself my camera!! And now that I have it, I don't feel the least bit guilty.


And instead of reading Harry Potter on the beach this weekend, I have one fat manual to get through. Ooh, I'm so excited!!


Oh and now, I need a zoom lens for Christmas. Just letting you know...

7 comments:

Narci D said...

You are so funny! Great minds think alike--mine was a birthday present, but doesn't ship until 9/2! :( Have fun--can't wait to see all the gorgeous pics you are going to take!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Love it, you will never regret it...and to make you feel better (for now) We bought the zoom lens at the same time and have probably used it ten times...BUT, when we do...and especially for pics like sports...man, talk about quality! You will feel like Pioneer Woman for SURE! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY! Another camera! Have fun and send me some new pictures if my favorite nieces!

Sarah said...

That's awesome! You are going to love it!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Slow down on the Potter speed reader! Are you doing anything else BUT reading it??? heehee

Anonymous said...

I am waiting patiently for new pictures......

Sassy said...

Oh girl, you will LOVE it. And, yes, you need a 28-300 lens, photoshop, a photo printer...the list continues. So, don't think that this was going to be a one time AMEX redemption...oh no!!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.