My closet and bedroom look like a big Old Navy/Gap/Target bomb went off. It looks like the dryer just decided to spew clothes all over my living room, mixed in with hills of dog hair. The flip flop company has made a major delivery to my foyer. And the kitchen fairy, well she must have had a heart attack when she came to clean my dishes. Normally I don't let things get this bad, but we've had quite a week. See Kathryn has decided that she is not to be unsupervised for a SECOND.
No, the minute I turn my back to do anything productive she is off and running. Out the front door, out the back door, it doesn't matter, she's gone. If I have somehow miraculously convinced her to stay indoors, she is scaling the outside of the staircase, or climbing a bookshelf, or emptying every box in the pantry, or coloring on anything but paper, or stripping down to be naked in the house.
So for the past few days we have been stuck like glue. I convince her it's really special to sit in the bathroom while Mommy takes a shower, or that it's the most important job in the world to hold the dustpan, or trying to fold a washcloth is great fun, or looking at a book right by Mommy's computer is awesome. She's no dummy, it doesn't work long. And because she has this new found adventurous disrespect for anything I say, the house has fallen apart.
And I can't find my favorite pair of jeans anywhere!
They've been missing for over a week. It's killing me! My American Eagle jeans that are too old, too big, with hems that are way too frayed, and pockets that are about to fall off. The pair that only cost me 30 bucks and that my husband seems to love me in even more than the pairs that cost WAY more! They are my comfort pair, what I want to wear when I'm sad, or bloated, or wanting to just lounge, or that go perfectly with every T-shirt I own. Don't we all have something like that? Something that just makes you feel good, no matter what? And right now I would like to feel good!
Because really, I'm quite worn out, just like my jeans. And I need to be able to bond with something that knows how I feel!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment