I should be in bed, I want to be in bed, I NEED to be in bed. Obviously I'm not in bed.
It's only Monday and I am plum beat already. There is too much on my plate. I am looking forward to the mythical lazy days of summer. Whoever coined that phrase was not a mother. But maybe it's named so because it follows the ass-whip days of May. I don't need to revisit the list of upcoming events, I just need to say there are still too many of them left.
One more down this evening, Alli's choir concert. Where I had the joy of sitting with my ex-husband in the back row, where my children were dancing and singing with suckers in their mouths. I only got four dirty looks. At times like these I do believe that the lollipop is man's greatest invention.
Oh and I also got to sit next to our new vet who is about to take me for every extra penny I have. See I told you the dog hates me. She knows I am strapped for time and the sanity level is nearing empty, so she decides she needs a little extra attention and has to go and have surgery to drain blood out of her ear. Exciting, huh? Yeah, well just for jacking with my schedule she also gets to wear that stupid cone-shaped dog hat for two weeks, HA! No, there is no detection of joy in my being for any discomfort she might feel. None. Okay, maybe a twinge.
The reason I am not in my bed is because Emma is, and she was last night, which is why I am so tired. She sleeps horizontally and her toe quite often ends up in my nose. And last night she must have dreamed she was in Riverdance. I could have carried her to her bed, but it's too far and she's too heavy and I'm too lazy. I could have slept in her bed, but I like my pitiful mattress, I don't like sleeping alone, and I need my ESPNews all night, repeated on its 30 minute cycle, I can't sleep without it.
I could carry her to her bed now but I think it's been established I enjoy torture. Plus there's a pesky fly in my room who kept me from cat-napping this afternoon. And the dog will be shaking her head and whining all night. They're all in cahoots, the girl, the dog, the fly, somewhere there's a children's song in all that.
It's a distinct possibility that I start drinking coffee tomorrow.
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


1 comment:
My poor Kanga! Oh, and you too Amy. I hope you get some sleep tonight.
Post a Comment