Sunday, May 20, 2007

Being Neighborly

This afternoon I was sitting on the couch watching the Astros get pummeled and I glanced in the back yard where Emma was playing. She was just swinging away and apparently having a conversation with the kids who have moved in the house behind us. Then I see her running all along the back fence and peeking through the slats. That's good, she's making new friends.

Well that's what I thought until she comes running in the door screaming,"Mom I need a watergun!"

"Why do you need a watergun?"

"Because the boys back there keep shooting me with their waterguns."

At which point Daddy emerges from the study saying,"I'll take care of this!"

So he proceeds to go and gather his "Plunger" and douses the poor unsuspecting ruffians. And since that wasn't good enough he had to grab the hose and spray the little twerps as well. Might I add he was enjoying himself way too much.


And then there's Kathryn:

"Yeah you leave my sister alone!"

Welcome to the neighborhood boys! You picked the wrong family to mess with. Punks!

3 comments:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

This cracked me up! :) And I can't even envy your new swing set, because I am too busy with "Grass envy!" We have NO grass in our backyard, only ROCKS.

Katie said...

That is TOO HILARIOUS!!!

Sarah said...

That is too funny! I can see Johnny doing something like that too! Boys will be boys.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.