It's back! I am knee deep in cardboard boxes and packing paper. But I am trying to accomplish the hardest thing on my summer to-do list, and I might even get it done before summer!
When we were going to paint "my room", which at the time was known as the storage room, we had to get all those boxes out that have been sitting contently for seven months. And the result was turning the dining room into our new storage facility. No big deal because we really only eat in there twice a year. So it has been overrun with packed boxes and odds and ends with no place to go in this massive house of ours.
Now that we have the bookshelves in both my room and the study, we could finally unpack!! Honestly it looks like moving day all over again. And it is really quite amazing how many boxes are just devoted to books. But books I am so excited to see again. Some are old favorites that I can never part with, some are just waiting to be read, some are ready to become pedestals atop my kitchen cabinets and some are dying to go to Half-Price Books and earn me a whopping thirty bucks! But they are all UNPACKED!
Then there are the contents of the other boxes. My stuff. My scrapbooks and supplies. My collectibles, from the time I was born to last Christmas. Things that are near and dear to me and I have been waiting to display in "my place".
And yes the majority are my Disney snow globes which I have collected for 12 years now. Maybe it's a bit juvenile, but I love them! They're pretty and sing all the songs that I have sung to my children through the years. Some of them have very significant meaning to me as well. Like the Mickey and Minnie wedding globe Steven gave to me when we got engaged.
My dolls are out, my bluebird of happiness, my inspirational angel print made by a dear friend for me when I was going through tough times. My artifacts from my trips to Greece. And my pictures!
All my pictures, albums from when I was a baby to stacks of photos from last week. All excited to finally have a home. And of course I had to look at them ALL! Most were good memories, some were sad, and some need to be burned so that there is no proof of some very BAD fashion and decorating choices I've made!
I'm dusty, my fingernails are dirty, and my back hurts like hell! I feel like I should be ordering a pizza and scrounging up some paper plates. But it's been fun, I feel like I'm just unpacked MY whole life today and so far, so good!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


1 comment:
Way to go! It will be so awesome when you have your Amy room done. Are you ever going to paint it Tinkerbell green?
Post a Comment