Monday, May 7, 2007

Blast Off

You might think I am a little bitter, but I'm not. Really nothing made me happier to hear that the all coveted "Rocket" finally picked a team to play for, and it wasn't the Astros!

Sure he's second in all-time strikeouts, sure he's got 7 Cy Young Awards, sure he had an unnatural ERA last year, who cares? The man is old. He is old and conceited and self-absorbed and greedy. He is a PERFECT fit for the Yankees.


Roger Clemens has got to be the most overrated player in all of baseball. Scratch that, in all of sports, more so than T.O. And everyone just buys into it. Sure we'll pay you 26 million dollars for half a season's work, are you kidding me? Why do you think he can only play for half a season, because he's old and he knows it. Be a man like Randy Johnson and play the whole year, spend a little time on the DL, it doesn't hurt. At least it shows you are a team player, which the Rocket is so not!


I bought the whole shtick with the Astros, how he wanted to focus on his family, be there for his sons, help his hometown win a championship. Don't quite understand how all his LOYALTY is applied towards the Yankees. But I guess if the organization wants to pay him 4 1/2 million a month...


And if the Yankees really think he is the key to winning another championship, he really isn't. I have personally watched our dear boy choke on the big games. He just can't deliver like he used to. Sometimes you just gotta know when to hang up your cleats.


Enjoy your run with those other overpaid traitors, Damon, A-Rod, Pettite. Come October, I fully expect you to be watching the playoffs here at home with your former teammates, the Astros. (And I say that with love boys, we are rebuilding.)
That is if they'll have you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why would you waste space on your blog over that "Jackass"? At least he can shower with Andy again!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.