Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Yesterday I painted the powder bath, the smallest room in the house. Should have been a breeze, right? Not so much.
I am not lying when I tell you it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. More painful than when my appendix was about to burst, than when I sliced my leg open on a guard rail, than when I got shot in the eye with a b.b. gun, than natural labor four times, than the root canal I keep putting off, you get the idea. That massage in Mexico, all lasting effects of that are gone.
The smallest room in the house should have taken minimal time and effort, especially at the rate that I've been painting. I should be a pro by now. But when you throw in a toilet and a sink and ceilings that I am about 2 inches too short for, it provides major obstacles.
Did I just completely miss the aisle at Sherwin Williams with the "paint behind the toilet" brush? Exactly how are you supposed to do that? My body was twisted in all sorts of unnatural positions that would make any Cirque du Soleil acrobat jealous! I had more paint on my body from contorting in that small space than I have with every other room combined. By the way, Kathryn really liked my blue tattoos.
But I'm done, I ache, and I don't care if it needs any touch up. And if anyone comes over and notices the bare patch behind the toilet, well they have bigger problems than I do.
I miss the days when my husband was a builder with unlimited access to cheap labor!
Think I'll go schedule that root canal now, maybe I won't need the Valium after all!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
5 months ago


5 comments:
Well, the easiest way is to paint a bathroom is while you are doing a flooring project, so your husband has to remove the toilet first. Otherwise, you are just out of luck.
yeah. i feel your pain. our guest bath was the biggest pain to paint!
you take the tank part off, first.
I was planning on painting our half bath next week after finals. I asked Sterling (self-proclaimed painting expert) how to paint behind the toilet. He said, "no one can see behind the toilet." Hmmm....I wasn't convinced.
Same here--our powder bath about killed me--it took me longer to do that then a full size bedroom--go figure!
Post a Comment