Wednesday, May 30, 2007

On the Boardwalk

Our good friends the Prughs are visiting us for a few days. We really miss them and are so happy they are here!! And it might be true that absence does make the heart grow fonder, Emma and Ben have been getting along so well. He has been her best friend for a long time and Emma talks about Ben daily. In fact as much as she loves living in Cypress, she would still like to move back to McKinney so she can see Ben everyday!

And I love having Shana here! It's just so nice to catch up and be with one of my best friends, one of the HMIM crew. And even though I "talk" to her everyday through our Scrabble games, it's just great to have her here in person. Plus she has the cutest kids, we LOVE Ben and Madeline!

Today we went down to the Kemah Boardwalk and had a blast! It's been a few years since I've gone and it has changed a lot. They are even building a roller coaster that will be open later this summer. We rode all the rides and Kathryn had a blast on all the ones that she was tall enough for. It's tough being the smallest!

We had a fun lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and then went to play at the splashpad. The kids were all so VERY, VERY, GOOD! But they did start dropping like flies. Alli was probably a little dehydrated and Emma slipped and hurt her wrist. I wasn't ready for the trend to continue so it was time to go.

But really an awesome day, so much fun!!


4 comments:

JKMN said...

Gotta love the boardwalk! Glad you are taking good care of the Prughs - we miss them here!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I have always wanted to visit that boardwalk! I have heard fun things about it! :) Glad to hear you guys FINALLY had good weather to enjoy each other... :) FUN times!

Narci D said...

That boardwalk looks like a LOT of fun!

Katie said...

How fun is that place!?! Love the cute pics!!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.