Now May drives me completely bonkers! As if I don't have an already full to the max calendar with four kids, in May activities multiply exponentially. We have end of year concerts, programs, gymnastics shows, graduations, field days, award ceremonies, and parties. And by the grace of God (or not) none of these events are scheduled on the same day. So I am forced to go to everything and I will, because that's what good mothers do. But this year Daddy is managing to avoid all events since he will be traveling on business. Again. Lucky Duck!
So please don't pass judgement if I seem a little stressed out, am wearing clothes that don't match, hair not brushed, children obviously drugged on Benadryl and bribed with suckers to sit still. It will be okay to approach me at one of these numerous events, I promise I won't bite, especially if you'd like to take a toddler off my hands.
And with it being May, I realized I completely forgot to do one of my favorite springtime activities: bluebonnet pictures. Of course I guess it's easy to forget when you have to actually load all your griping children into the car to drive 30 minutes to find a patch of flowers all to yourself, to then convince your children that sitting in grass (most likely wet and itchy) and smiling is the best fun we could possibly have on a Saturday afternoon. Come to think about it, I forgot last year's photo op too. Maybe it's because the year before my girls were the epitome of shiny happy people. Maybe not!
Trust me when I tell you this was the best shot out of 27. Uncooperative little twerps!


1 comment:
Post a Comment