What does a shark say?
Da-na, Da-na, da na da na da na, do nut, chocolate donut!
That sound coupled with Memorial Day can only mean one thing, the never ending Jaws marathon! Hard to believe that once upon a time that was the scariest movie around. That the visual effects on that "shark" were so real, that people refused to go in the water for years. Including one poor little boy living in landlocked Dallas. Who has grown up to be a man who NEVER misses the yearly shark fest!
Thank God that movies and special effects have come a LONG way! Watching Pirates of the Caribbean the other day, now you might want to stay out of the water. And Spiderman 3 today, you might want to stay out of the sand too.
We LOVE movies!! So much that we have family movie night every week. We pop a whole bunch of popcorn, devour gallons of ice cream and cuddle in the playroom for the evening's feature presentation. We've watched everything from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea to The Chronicles of Narnia to all of the Star Wars to The Pacifier (I didn't say they were all good movies!) But it's one of those special things for all of us, and now even Krazy K is starting to get in on the fun.
But as much as we love family movie night we love going to the theater as well. We all get excited to see new shows and watch previews for upcoming ones. Steven and I sometimes have to switch off on who gets to take them. He ends up with the shows like Monster House and Curious George. I don't. Wonder how that happens?
The girls love to get their Kids' Packs and I love that I really don't have to do anything but sit and be entertained (instead of entertaining) for 2 hours. And we LOVE Studio Movie Grill, where Kathryn can roam around and we can get a pizza to feed the family. We can't wait for all the dollar events this summer. Fun, cheap entertainment out of the blistering heat.
I hate hearing that the theater is slowly going the way of the dinosaur. With all the piracy and being able to download movies from the Internet, it's really quite sad. I love being able to sit with total strangers and just take in the whole experience. But with prices going the way they are, I can see why more and more people aren't going. Tickets, sodas, popcorn, MILK DUDS!
And with all the cool movies we want to see this summer: Nancy Drew, Fantastic 4, Harry Potter, Ocean's 13 and many more, I better stock up on the Milk Duds at Costco!
By the way, my favorite movie is The Princess Bride.
What's yours?
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


2 comments:
Pulp Fiction
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Shawshank Redemption
The Pursuit of Happyness
Harry Potter series
Star Wars series
The Red Violin
Capote
The Aviator
Oh my goodness, the list could go on and on and on! :) I am JUST as big of a fan of movies as you are Amy...and you are right, our Netflix subscription will NEVER beat a real theatre...
You know mine is Princess Bride, too! But I must disagree about the theater experience - I am not a big fan. I took Margaret to Shrek3 this weekend out of desperation (so much rain!). Then I remembered why I never go - long waits and a crowded theater with whining kids and mediocre movie. Unless it is a major special effects blockbuster, I am going way after opening weekend, after 9, and no kids are with me and hopefully anyone else. Otherwise, I would much rather watch a movie at home.
Post a Comment