Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Today in Alli's World...

Look closely, do you see it? All that black stuff in Alli's hair, that's ink! How do you get ink in your hair, well let me tell you.

Apparently the boy whose locker is above Alli's thought it would be great fun to slam his locker door onto a pen. After a few attempts the punk succeeded and the pen exploded, all over my daughter! Really, I can't make this stuff up, have you ever heard of such a thing?

It exploded, all over her hair, her binder, her legs, her locker, her new Dooney and Burke purse, EVERYWHERE! And please imagine what I was thinking when I checked my voice mail after our Mom and Me class.

Hi ma'am, there was an incident at school today and we need to talk to you about the ink we can't get out of your daughter's hair, could you please call us back at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

Naturally I listened to it more than once, because I wanted to make sure I was hearing things correctly. And after calling the nurse back and confirming that yes there was ink in Alli's hair, I headed on to school to pick her up. Needless to say, she was a little upset.

I figured I may as well keep her home for the rest of the day, there were only two hours of school left and by the time we got home, washed her hair and got her back, well I thought it would just be a waste of time. But Alli was very upset with me and let me know that she needed to get back to school because she needed to work on some chapters for her Reading class and it was just so important.

Hello, I am letting you ditch a bit of school! What's wrong with you?

I guess it's that outstanding attitude about her education that led her to receive this award tonight.

Distinguished Honor Roll. All "A"s, all year long. I couldn't be prouder of her, inkhead and all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Page 376 in my new MARTHA book says to build a dam around the stain with petroleum jelly. Then use isopropryl alcohol, then use acetone, then use diluted dishwashing soap, then use an enzyme detergent....WHAT? I would go with the Big Fat Greek Wedding guy who uses Windex on everything :) Good job Alli - we miss our SMART babysitter - okay we just miss our babysitter.

Narci D said...

Wow, Alli! You are so smart! BTW, love that purse! ;)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.