Why do we have it? What is its purpose?
Do you think the head of a major corporation feels the least bit guilty when he fires someone for adding figures the wrong way? No, I think not.
So why do I have the overwhelming need to cry and console my children after I have reprimanded them in some way or another? Like I should feel guilty for popping Kathryn's behind when she decided for the third time today to wash her dry hair with shampoo when it wasn't bath time. Or the time I berated Alli for washing the Webkins secret codes before they were registered. Or whenever I snap at Emma for constantly whining for some sort of entertainment. Or yelling at Abby to clean up her room AGAIN and accept responsibility. But I do feel guilty because they all give me that look that says, "I can't believe you did that, you are supposed to love me, you're my mommy."
It's hard enough to balance the hard and the soft in motherhood. To parent with a firm but loving hand to help insure that your children are set on the correct path of life. It's hard to explain to them that you are just doing what's in their best interest even though they think you are the meanest person ever.
But what gets me the most, and it's when the guilt sets in, is that after whatever you do, they just need to be reassured of your love. Even though you are the cause of their agony, they just want extra hugs and kisses. And I melt and give in every time, so am I raising manipulative little twerps? Because they've got it down to a science. Especially the puppy dog face. They must spend hours at night perfecting that one. I know they do, how else could they be so good at it?
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


1 comment:
That is so true isn't it? I can be so mad at them and then right after I feel like I have to prove that I do love them.
Post a Comment