Thursday, May 24, 2007

School's Out!

It's official, summer is here. Let the madness begin!


I have no plan for what we are doing this summer. I have a few ideas, but with gas prices going the way they are, I'm not quite sure I can drive all over the country. Or I could, then not afford any of the attractions once we get there. Some of my ideas are a ballpark tour, a run up to Chicago, or San Diego, or some mountains somewhere.


Some things I would actually like to accomplish:


  • Finish unpacking. Yes I know we have been here 7 months but there are still a few boxes around. We are well on our way to being done with all that though. Steven has been busting his butt on projects around here, building me more storage. He's becoming a regular carpenter I tell you.

  • Get back to my scrapbooks. Those would be some of the things that are in those boxes. I haven't had a place to really work on them. I haven't had the time either but that's never stopped me before.

  • Lose five pounds. But it's gonna be hard with all the ice cream I have to eat. And the margaritas I have to drink. But I have some really cute shorts that I can't quite squeeze my behind back into and I really want to. Of course if I do lose the weight I will most likely celebrate by buying new cute shorts.

  • See my family. Traci and the kids are coming in June, YIPPEE!! But I will still miss Mr.T and I would like to see my mom somewhere, sometime.

  • Get quality one on one time with all my girls. That doesn't happen near enough and it's really important to me to work on all of our individual relationships. And heck maybe even sneak in a date or two with my hubby!

  • Spend lots of mindless hours at the beach reading trashy novels and getting a kickass tan! This is one I may actually accomplish.

  • Teach Kathryn to swim. That way when she does this, I won't have a heart attack every second. I think she was hell bent on trying to drown. She actually enjoyed going under water 5 million times today, and each time I just prayed she was coming back up for air.
She's fearless. Keeping up with her this summer might actually help with those five pounds!

No matter what we do, I'm sure our summer will be great. And laden with "I love you but I can't wait for school to start back up!"

2 comments:

JKMN said...

Yeah, we always start the summer with great plans and expectations, but it so quickly disintegrates to boredom and insanity. I do think you need to add a trip to McKinney in your plan. Or maybe I need to add a trip to Houston...

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Julia is the SAME way with water. EVERY bath she is under and laying down where only her face shows...it is so scary! I am so glad though because Jack whines when water is splashed in his eyes! Those sound like FUN plans...you are LUCKY you are not a scheduling freak like me..you might actually have an impromptu summer! :)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.