Today we went with the Prughs to Brenham to tour the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory. We all love Blue Bell and were super excited to see where our nightly dessert is actually made.
I'll be honest, the tour was quite a bust. I was expecting so much more. We really just walked in two rooms and looked through glass windows to try and see what was going on below. And no cameras allowed. Apparently they don't want us selling their secrets to Dryer's. We did see them making ice cream sandwiches, that was pretty cool. And we learned that it takes 50,000 cows to supply milk for one day's production of ice cream. Yet, there were no cows to be seen, hmmm...
At least we got free samples! Yummy!



And moms LOVE ice cream too!
Afterwards we went to a very random, off the beaten path, 50s diner in the Brenham airport. Really who would have known such a place existed? (The Internet is a wonderful thing!) But they have been voted best burgers and shakes and the waitresses all wear poodle skirts. I'll try anything once and am always up for a summer adventure. Remember I'm the one that will stop on a road trip to let my girls watch some ducks walk out of a hotel! It's all about entertainment.
The Prughs left this afternoon and we miss them already! Ben and Emma did not have a single fight which is really some kind of world record for them.

We look forward to taking a trip to McKinney to visit them and all of our friends really soon! Of course our door is always open for any HMIMs wanting to visit and if you do, I might take you somewhere as cool as a diner in an airport!


No comments:
Post a Comment