Ikea is a madhouse. Always.
It is dang near impossible to get through that store in less than an hour. There are too many people and too much stuff to look at. I actually LOVE Ikea. Whenever I am there I want nothing more than to move to a small loft in Europe. It's really inspiring.
Today I decided that the family was going to see if the bookshelves that I have coveting for a while were actually in stock. And I don't bother with calling the store to make sure my purchase is there before we arrive. No, what's the fun in that. We have to go down there, all of us, now!
As soon as we arrive there are mass grumblings from children in the backseat and the man in the front seat.
We're hungry!
Okay well, we'll just pop in here real quick and see if we can get my shelves.
You're kidding right, there's no real quick when it comes to Ikea.
I promise, I know exactly where there are, we can take all the short cuts, it will be real quick.
Uh-huh, show me.
So now I have a point to prove because honestly I didn't want to go through there real quick, I wanted to browse and dream about decorating my loft on the Thames. But I kinda hate to be wrong. So with all the odds stacked against me and with four hungry children and one hungry man in tow, I did it. I put on my blinders and we did it.
20 minutes.
Yeah honey, you were right, we got through there real quick.
I love it when he says that!
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


3 comments:
I love that store too...just LOVE it and the style is nothing like my home, so I am not sure WHY I love it...but it makes me want to organize something...or impulse buy and stack/fill the kid's toys in containers to watch them empty the crates immediately...when returning from San Fran, we drove by an IKEA that was the MOTHER OF ALL IKEA'S! It was the largest thing I have SEEN! CRAZY!
You know they DO have FOOD at IKEA! It is not that bad and probably the only place in Houston you can feed your family of SIX for like $20.
And I love your "Countdown to Sanity" how fun - there are so many things I want to count down to though...school, seeing YOU in three days, seeing the Connolly's, my birthday, christmas....
Post a Comment