Let me just start by saying we had a GREAT day today. One of those days where I really felt proud to be a mom. The girls were very good on all the errands I made them endure. And they both left willingly and tear-free from the Chick-Fila playplace when told the first time. I also managed to get through a whole 30 minute phone order with the Pottery Barn operator undisturbed. That never happens!
When Alli and Abby got home from school it was time to go see Santa. I was feeling really good because we had been talking about him all day.
Do you want to see Santa? Santa, yes!
Are you gonna sit on his lap? Yes, sit Santa.
Are you gonna cry? No, big girl, no Santa cry.
When we pulled into the parking lot Kathryn was very excited. Where is Santa Claus?, about 20 times. Then we walked to his wonderland and it started to go downhill. The second we arrived we were told that Santa was going on a 45 minute break. Great, he'll be back just in time for all the working moms to now have made it to the mall. The beauty of having older children: I parked Alli in line while I entertained the other girls at the playplace.
When Santa got back we were first in line. He walked up to tell the girls hello and there it went, the scream! We got her calmed down enough to go toward him, as long as Alli was holding her. Notice the death grip on big sister in the photo! Well, maybe next year...
Oh, she did walk very cautiously to Santa when offered a lollipop. The power of candy, maybe he should have done that first.
By the way, a little trick I just discovered: you can click on the smaller photos to enlarge (like in Emma's party).
(On the photo I paid for Abby's eyes are open. The elves were not amused that I had my own camera.)


1 comment:
Oh Amy... what we endure with Santa... I must say it IS so insane to think of sitting on a strange costumed man's lap, isn't it? I have hope that maybe before my Julia is TEN, we might have ONE photo without tears... see you next year, same topic, same tears??
Post a Comment