Monday, December 4, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas




Well last night it happened, the Christmas decorations came out! Ornaments, knick knacks, garland, bells, advent calendars, snowglobes, and the list goes on...

Emma had the hardest time waiting all day for her sisters to get home to decorate the tree. She was bugging me so much that I told her she should take a nap, that way when she woke up it would be closer to time for Sisters to be home. She then proceeded to set an Emma world record of 3 1/2 hours!

When the girls got home it was time for one of my favorite traditions. Every year I paint the girls' hands and stamp them on our Christmas tree skirt. I love to see how much they have grown!


Then it was GO time! I'm telling you, letting your kids decorate the tree is the way to do it! So what if all the ornaments are on the bottom branches, and there are gaping holes I am dying to fill, they did it in like 15 minutes! Kathryn even put on a few (with a little follow-up help from mom). It may not be the masterfully decorated, color coordinated tree I have been wanting forever, but I will have plenty of those when the kids are grown. For now we have a perfect tree which we all love!


1 comment:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

This is so precious! And you are so lucky to have a couple of taller girls. :) I agree that the ornaments and tree to love is so important at this age, that is why I embraced the popcorn (and the constant smell of a movie theater in my living room)... but like you, I yearn for the a tree with colorfully blended harmony. ha!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.