Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Housework, YUCK!

We have been in our new house for 7 weeks now, and sad to say, I really haven't done that much cleaning. I don't have time and it hurts my back, well I have a million excuses. So today my neighbor's cleaning lady came over to give me a quote and Hallelujah! the house is clean. I signed her up, right on the spot because this house is over 1000 sq. ft bigger and she's charging me $10 less than my cleaners in McKinney. Sounds like a deal to me!

Most of you have heard my favorite all time quote about housework:
"Cleaning your house when your kids are still growing
is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing."
SO TRUE! And I totally live by that quote.
And many of you have seen the magnet on my fridge that says:
My house was clean last week, sorry you missed it!
And an Amy original, said all the time:
"We can have a clean house and a mean mom, or a messy house and a happy mom, and I guarantee that a maid costs less than therapy."

I love quotes. I bought a quote book over Thanksgiving while we were in Galveston. Here are some funny quotes about housework:

  • A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.
  • I understand the concept of cooking and cleaning, just not as it applies to me.
  • Born to shop, not mop!
  • Nothing gets me in the mood like a man doing my dishes.
  • Housework is evil. It must be stopped.
  • Make yourself at home! Clean my kitchen.
  • Martha Stewart doesn't live here!

Anyway, words to live by! If you have some funny quotes let me know in the comments section. And I have a really tacky quote by Joan Rivers if you're interested, I'll email it to you because after all, this is a "clean" family site.

No comments:

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.