Saturday, December 30, 2006

Cleaning House

Saturday. Cleaning day. Laundry day. Oh what fun day!
In all my adventures of painting and visitors and Christmas, I have let the house go. So today I have enforced the child labor law and a-cleaning we've been doing. Steven is hard at work rearranging furniture and hanging ceiling fans. Alli is organizing the playroom, Kathryn is napping, and Emma and Abby are playing Duck, Duck, Goose.
Did I also mention we have no food? Yep in all the madness I have somehow managed to avoid the grocery store and we are down to Ritz Crackers and cream cheese. However the liquor cabinent is well stocked for tomorrow! Priorities...
So in the middle of cleaning we decided to take a break for a quick bite at Chili's. HA! It only took 45 minutes to get the girls dressed, hair and teeth brushed, and everyone locked and loaded. Probably one of the few times where I wish I had 4 boys instead! Steven wore a white shirt which guaranteed we were getting chips and salsa and guaranteed he would get salsa on his shirt. In the 9 years we have been together, it has always happened. Just like death and taxes. And explaining the concept of double dipping to a 2 year old is just comical. So instead of dipping her chips twice, she decided to lick them off once and put them back in the basket. And I have managed to grab a few soggy chips. Yummy! Emma gets the Golden Child Award of the day for ordering a side of broccoli instead of fries. Abby and Kathryn are runners up for actually eating some of that nasty green vegetable. Okay my kids like broccoli, can someone please let me know how to cook it?
Okay buzzer went off, dryer is done. Here is a glimpse of life with four kids.

I know you don't wish you had my laundry, but I know you wish you had my laundry room!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just finished MOPPING - something I do only once every few months - okay- just for holidays and super special occasions! And I am so glad that I just saw your laundry room - because yes, while I admire the SIZE and those fabulous machines I DO NOT admire those piles!!!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

No laundry for me either... but those front loaders? Oh yeah... major envy... I can tell you, being a loyal/supportive shopper at Lowe's since that store supports US first, (heehee) sometimes I just browse by them and stare... (Kind of like Steve with the rockin tv systems at Best Buy) However, I don't know why, but everytime I see front loaders now, I think of Lost. THEY even get front loaders in the HATCH! CRAZY!

Narci D said...

Hmm, sometimes our laundry looks like that and we only have half as many people. Laundry is definitely my downfall! Girl, you know I want that awesome laundry room, though!

Anonymous said...

Brocolli Surprise!!

1. Got store and buy brocolli
2. Wash and put in pot
3. Boil till done
4. EAT

BH Again

Sassy said...

I know your life is more eventful than reporting on housekeeping duties, come on superstar journalist...THINK

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.