On my way to bed this evening I stopped to check on Kathryn like I always do. Usually she is fast asleep on the floor next to the gate across her doorway. Tonight she is in her new big girl bed. She has had a toddler bed in her room which apparently served no purpose other than to take up space.
We are working on a top secret project for Abby's birthday. It includes new furniture, so her old set went to Kathryn. First of all Kathryn was very excited to see her room painted blue. She kept walking around all day today saying,"I like Kathryn room." And then when Steven moved Abby's old bed in there, Kathryn was super-duper excited. She had a lot of fun climbing on and sliding off. I figured it was practice for a long night ahead.
Steven set up the bed rail on one side, and her old crib mattress on the other in case she falls. Then he tucked her in tight with Dora on one side and Bear on the other. And I don't think that she has moved since. I guess they really do suprise you! I would love to take a picture to post, but getting past the Fort Knox system Daddy has installed to keep her in, and a flash and a click, I don't want to risk waking Sleeping Beauty up!
This is a happy, but sad moment for me. I have made the step with my last baby to the big bed. I didn't think it would affect me so much, but it makes me think of all the other "last steps" I have taken with her, and still have to take with her. Slow down baby girl! Momma needs more time...
Bulk purchase smoke 1775856595534-4
3 months ago


1 comment:
I think I am the same way Amy knowing we are not having any more... However, I cannot decide what ridiculous rationale accounts for my potty-training denial. I tried to put Jack on the potty at one.. and now I just change Julia's pull-ups and she asks ME to go to the bathroom instead! Is it the mess? I don't think so... Hmm...
Post a Comment