Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Fast Food Nation

Time to go off on a lovely part of our everyday life: the fast food establishments. I will not lie, we get a vast majority of our nourishment from these places. With 4 kids, always having to be at different places at different times, it is sometimes just easier to drive thru somewhere and grab a meal instead of going home and listening to the "what and when are we eating" routine. And I attribute the fact that I have healthy kids to the large amounts of preservatives that they get from these places. (Yes, Joni, that was a shout out to you!)
Let me start by saying that I actually did work at a drive-thru burger joint for all of 2 days when I was 16, so I know that it is not the easiest job in the world. But I worked at a mom and pop establishment that didn't have the luxuries of all these computer systems that do everything from ringing you up to practically cooking the burger. And that's why I refuse to cut these people any more slack.
Today it was Taco Bell. I ordered a meal deal with 3 soft tacos, no lettuce. Can someone please explain to me why the moron making the tacos thought I would only like 2 without lettuce? Of course I didn't notice the mistake until we got home, but since I was sharing the meal with Emma and hate nothing more than hot lettuce, back to Taco Bell it was.
Last week McDonald's. I ordered a cheeseburger happy meal, no onions, extra pickles. You know what I got? Extra onions, no pickles, and it happens every time. Luckily we were there at the playplace so this mistake was easily remedied.
Burger King, how come everytime I order onion rings, there are more french fries than onion rings in the container? And they are always cold. I know they aren't the best onion rings in the world so they probably don't sell a bunch. But for those few people like me who have that leftover pregnancy craving, would it kill you to make a fresh batch every once in a while?
And to everyone... Does it really sound like Diet Coke everytime I order Dr. Pepper? Maybe it is just me, all you people can't possibly get the same thing wrong ALL THE TIME!
There is a diamond in the rough here. The Chick Fila is amazing. It is the cleanest, nicest Chick Fila I have ever been to. And when you out of town gals come and visit, I will take you there. They actually have ladies that walk around and bring you ketchup and refill your drinks and play with your kids. I am telling you we get better service there than at Chili's. And the bonus is that I order a salad, and Emma and Kathryn eat my tomatoes and broccoli. So there, I don't always feed my kids junk!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Brocks are sick again...please send them some fast food :)

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.