It's the season of the mailman, and everyday a new goodie arrives on our doorstep. Last week it was a package from Ben and Maddie to Emma. She couldn't wait to open it and was so excited that her friends remembered her birthday. She was grinning from ear to ear. It is a cute box that she has been working on painting. We'll show you a picture when it is done.
The other day a package arrived from my mom. The box looked like it had been to hell and back. What exactly do these postal workers do with our stuff? Play catch, see who can drop kick a box the furthest? One of life's great mysteries I guess.
In the box was a present for Emma and an unexpected surprise for me. Emma got a grass head that she immediately said we must open and plant. She named him "Hula" and thinks he is one of the coolest things she has ever seen. We will keep you posted on his growth.
For me, a new keepsake...
I had talked to my mom a few weeks ago about a stocking for Kathryn. In our family all of stockings are handmade. Mine was needlepointed by my Grandma, and the rest were made by my mom. Mom said she was running out of ideas and it was up to me to come up with a theme for Kathryn. Well it's been two and a half years and I never seemed to remember to draw something out. Well during our conversation, I was just frustrated with moving and unpacking and everything else that goes on in my life, so I just threw a few ideas at her and asked her to fill in the blanks. I certainly did not expect a stocking this year, but that's what I got. And I love it!
So in my classic ADHD state, I dropped the project I was working on and went straight to the mantle. It's so nice for us all to have matching stockings!
Thanks for making me smile Mom!
The other day a package arrived from my mom. The box looked like it had been to hell and back. What exactly do these postal workers do with our stuff? Play catch, see who can drop kick a box the furthest? One of life's great mysteries I guess.
In the box was a present for Emma and an unexpected surprise for me. Emma got a grass head that she immediately said we must open and plant. She named him "Hula" and thinks he is one of the coolest things she has ever seen. We will keep you posted on his growth.
For me, a new keepsake...
I had talked to my mom a few weeks ago about a stocking for Kathryn. In our family all of stockings are handmade. Mine was needlepointed by my Grandma, and the rest were made by my mom. Mom said she was running out of ideas and it was up to me to come up with a theme for Kathryn. Well it's been two and a half years and I never seemed to remember to draw something out. Well during our conversation, I was just frustrated with moving and unpacking and everything else that goes on in my life, so I just threw a few ideas at her and asked her to fill in the blanks. I certainly did not expect a stocking this year, but that's what I got. And I love it!
So in my classic ADHD state, I dropped the project I was working on and went straight to the mantle. It's so nice for us all to have matching stockings!
Thanks for making me smile Mom!


3 comments:
who is the dog in the picture to the left of the stair case, are you one of those people that leave the factory pictures in the frame?
hahahaha! I am laughing at the last post because I wondered the SAME thing! hahahahaha! Too crazy... but I do have stocking envy.. ours were bought from Target and stitched by a local shop. What a great tradition!
I keep looking at that head - that is the scariest head I have ever seen. How cute when she grows hair but for now - it is sort of tribal looking and scary.
Post a Comment