Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Coolest Mom Ever



Most of you know of my aspiration to be the coolest mom in the world. Background for the rest of you: last year I tricked the girls into thinking we were taking a family photo and instead pulled up to the Cheetah Girls concert. This summer I took them to see the American Idol Tour. And last night I told them we were going to see a movie and they didn't realize until we pulled up to the arena that we were there to see the High School Musical Concert.
For those of you unfamiliar with High School Musical, it is only the coolest movie ever on the Disney Channel. It's the show from which every song that my children sing comes from. The girls were all excited about this!! And Mom too, because we all know that I am secretly a teenybopper at heart!
Granny went with us. We found our seats: floor, center section, 8th row, AWESOME!! Thanks Poppy! And had a nutritious dinner of popcorn, peanuts, and cotton candy. So they did get some protein. The opening act was Jordan Pruitt which the girls were lucky enough to score autographed postcards from. Then we got glow sticks for FREE when other people had to pay 5 bucks for them.


The show was so much fun! All the numbers were great. There was one number where they threw out basketball beach balls, probably less than 50 of them. And guess who caught one, yeah me. I like to think that cute little boy on stage was throwing it directly to me. And after the show other people and even the ushers were like, "Wow you got a basketball!" So now I'm a rockstar too!
So we scored some goodies, and had a blast singing songs and dancing in the aisles. Don't know how I will top this one, but you know I will think of something!



2 comments:

Narci D said...

Hands down--coolest mom ever! Good Job, Amy!

Anonymous said...

will you adopt me??

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.