I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but last night I took the Ipod when I painted Emma's room. A cool mix of Beastie Boys, 50 Cent and Usher got me through that job. Today it was Alli's and a little more lowkey combo of Carole King, Britney Spears, and Madonna. Then on to Flashback Cafe, hit the shuffle button and let it go!
I have to say that it took the longest to do Alli's room because I was so into the groove of painting with the music and having entirely too much fun. I am all but certain there will be a clip of me videotaped by my neighbor on YouTube singing into my paintbrush and dancing to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun followed by Footloose. I will move to Iceland when that video surfaces!
It's funny how certain songs remind you of certain people. Here's my trip down memory lane:
- Carole King- my mom, roadtrips in the car, I know every word to every song on the Tapestry album
- Paul Revere by The Beastie Boys- Tony, imagine two suburban white kids under the age of 10 rapping in my bedroom playing with Barbies
- She Talks to Angels- a boy I kissed the summer I was 15 in Wisconsin
- LaBamba- Chris, salsa-master at the Tavern
- Rio By Duran Duran- Brittany because she is their biggest fan
- Buzz, Buzz by Laurie Berkner (on the Ipod for the kids)- Shana and our trip to the beach
- Ice, Ice, Baby- Lots of people, but Jodi was first to mind because of the cool CD she made for our roadtrip to Galveston
- I Will Survive- my ex husband, what a great man bashing tune!
- Yeah by Usher- Charisse because she was so mad it wasn't on the Hitch soundtrack
- Drop It Like It's Hot by Snoop Dogg- Charisse again because she chose it for her ringtone without ever hearing the song
- Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy- Joni and crazy times in the minivan
- Lose My Breath by Destiny's Child- Rosylyn, the only way we could get her to dance on the crawfish table
- Ohio (Come Back to Texas) by Bowling for Soup- the Manettas family because we want you back where you belong
- Hit Me Baby One More Time- Narci aka Britney, work it girl!
- With You by Jessica Simpson- Steven because the lyrics to that song are so true to our relationship
- Grillz by Nelly- Alli and her friends, at the school dance screaming when the song came on
- Music by Madonna- Abby's favorite song ever!
- Hollaback Girl- Emma, and yes when she sings it she says "this shit is bananas" because we prefer the unedited version
Thanks everyone for helping me paint today! Now someone come rub my back!!
What song reminds you of me?


3 comments:
I WANT MY OWN SONG AND I WANT IT NOW!!!
TRACI-THE MOST-AMAZINGLY-ADORABLE-FASHIOABLE-SISTER-IN-LAW-THERE-EVER-WAS!!!!
(also a bit inebriated)
Oh, the song that reminds me of you:
That Korn song that you always bash your head to. The one Steven likes.
Traci
Yackety Yack...don't talk back
BH %>)
Post a Comment