First we had a quick return at Target, then we had to run to the post office, then to the grocery store. A quick pit stop at the house to unload the groceries and a diaper (EWWW!). Then on to the paint store because in my mad little world, I have decided to paint the girls' bedrooms. Then on to another paint store because far be it from me to actually pick all my colors from the same company. Then back home for another pit stop.
And it was time to go to Emma's CHRISTMAS party at school. Let me just let you know that I am actually thrilled to call it a CHRISTMAS party. It just really annoys me all the PC bullcrap going on with schools and corporate America, sorry, off topic, but Happy Holidays!
I got to be the party coordinator mom for this one. Basically that means I call all the other moms and then pick up the slack for the ones who don't volunteer to bring anything. Which left me stuck with frosting, sprinkles (leftover from the cookie party), and a craft. So we are doing great today, not only are we going to be on time for the party, we are going to be early. Which is good because I am supposed to set it all up. I pull in the parking lot and realize I have forgotten Emma's book for the book exchange. Anything else I probably could have gotten by with leaving at home, but I knew Emma would be devastated if she didn't get a gift like everyone else. Kathryn and I run in the class, drop off the stuff, and bark out some orders at some friendly grandmothers who were sitting around to set up the craft while I was gone. Sorry ladies!
We dash home and I set the world record for wrapping a present. I know for a fact that I wraped that book in under 30 seconds! Run back to the school where the class is doing the craft all wrong and Emma is ticked at me for missing part of her party.
A few more dashes here and there for mundane errands. Then home to cul-de-sac play where I got to dash around in the rain picking up every toy from the garage that Emma had dragged out. I am exhausted but now must fix dinner. And I think I will pour a cocktail and get a little "Blitzen".


No comments:
Post a Comment