So now Lexi, Julia, Hayden next door, some girls in her gymnastics class are all potty-trained, and Kathryn isn't. She seems to be the last.
I will honestly say it is not her fault. I accept all the blame and responsibility on this one. As a matter of fact when we were still in McKinney in September Kathryn WANTED to go potty all the time. But I was single momming it, and the house was up for sale, and I just could not mess with that nonsense at the time.
Then my excuses were we just moved, she needed to get settled, it was the holidays, too busy with all the girls' activities, we'll wait til the summer. Oops, did summer just creep up on me? And it's not like I am any less busy now that summer is here. I'm typing this during a 10 minute hiatus from the car going to pick up various children from various places. We're really just taking an email and juice break.
My other reasoning is that all my girls potty trained right when they turned 3. The light bulb just went on with all of them and within 2 weeks it was done! So why do I want to waste months of mine and her precious time, when a month from now it should only take a few weeks? Probably less than that because (and please don't tell her sisters) I think she is 10 times brighter than any of them were at this age!!
Here are my top reasons to bite the bullet and get it done!
- I was not able to sign her up for Parent's Day Out because she is not completely, totally, and FULLY potty trained. Okay yeah she's nowhere close but I sure do think that place is run by a bunch of exclusionary snobs!
- She won't be able to advance to the preschool gymnastics class until she is completely, totally, and FULLY potty trained. Which means I will continue to be forced to spot her backwards rolls, jump in the pit, and climb on the mountain with her. And really I'm just tired of all that!
- She won't be able to go to school until she is completely, totally, and FULLY potty trained. Let's face it, I NEED her to go to school! It just HAS to happen, for every one's sake!
- Diapers are damn expensive! I've been buying them for 12 years and I'd like to stop now. I really don't even want to think about the amount of money that Pampers has gotten from me. It will be a mind boggling total!
And do you get the feeling that these establishments are a little anal-retentive about the potty trained level of your children? I mean why even throw completely, totally, and FULLY out there? I am of the mindset that you are potty trained or not, you wet your pants or you don't, you crap your britches or you don't. There is no happy medium. (Nighttime diaper excluded, thank God they don't have to spend the night there!)
So anyway there's where I'm at. I am feeling the pressure thanks to all you damn overachieving moms. I don't know why you just can't take the lackadaisical attitude like me. Thanks! We'll go pick out some panties and some jelly beans and maybe I'll be done before she's 3.
But I won't bet on it, because I'm good at procrastinating. It's my gift.


5 comments:
Hey, PLEASE remember that Julia is ALREADY THREE, she is three years and two months. She STILL wears a diaper at night, because I hate laundry...but honestly Amy...who cares what we do. Do what YOU want to do...Jack was a full three and a HALF...before he stopped diapers cold turkey. :) The school's do it to avoid spending time wiping bottoms and changing accidents all day. Trust me, I taught fours and I always had ONE kid every year on the first day ask to wipe his/her bottom. I did it, YUCK and explained for them to go home and tell Mommy Ms. Jodi does NOT wipe bottoms. :)If I wanted that, I would teach infants and I still wipe THREE bottoms here, including my own...so, please! :) Julia ALSO cannot start in September until FULLY potty trained..and they say that because there is ALWAYS one sneaky mom that brings them anyway and says, "I have my child in a Pullup, but I swear they are trained." Yeah...right.
Are you holding the idea of your baby not being a baby hostage??? She will do it-no too many kids graduate high school still in diapers. Otherwise suck it up-she is so freaking smart, she will probably do it over night!
Jack was 3 years and two months also, and I had to force him to start (or I am convinced that he would have happily gone to his high school graduation in a diaper). Once he got started, he was a piece of cake, though. Good Luck!
I am sure that SHE will decide when SHE is ready! That's what Ashton did a month after she turned 3, and it happened practically overnight! Very easy! I was in the same boat last summer...worrying that we couldn't go to school in the fall! What about taking a break from gymnastics until she can go potty? Does she love it enough that it might motivate her a little?
Hey, that's one less girl to fall into the toilet when I forget to put the lid down.
Post a Comment