Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy Birthday Alli!

Today my first-born turned 12. It's hard to believe that I have been a mother for that long. Even harder to believe I'm only a year away from having a teenager. I am afraid, very afraid!

We had a great birthday lunch and a "fun for her" shopping bonanza. Not so fun for the rest of us because the stores she likes are stores where the music is way too loud and the aisles are not stroller friendly! But she got some cute things, and hey, it is all about her today!


This afternoon she had some girlfriends over and I took them all to see Nancy Drew. That was an experience! They sure did talk and giggle a lot. And I really wanted to turn around and "shush" them, but I didn't want to embarrass Alli and be an uncool mom.



Afterwards we came home for pizza and cake. And then Alli had to go and open her big mouth and let everyone know we have a karaoke machine. Oh yeah, what a fun time that was!



Wow, she is growing up fast! Seems like yesterday I was calling my mom in tears over how to feed her or get her to sleep at night. Now she is just as sassy as can be, and definitely not my little girl anymore. She is turning into quite a beautiful young lady. And as much as her little girly shenanigans sometimes irritate the crap out of me, she is so much more mature and responsible than a lot of adults I know.



We love you Alli, Happy Birthday!


3 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow......12! It can't be true. I love, love that 3rd picture of her. Very cute cake, too!

Narci D said...

Happy Birthday, Alli! What a great day!

Sassy said...

She looks so pretty...awww. Happy Birthday Alli.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.