Thursday, June 7, 2007

Bargain!

Emma has had a cough for about 3 weeks now. I just keep giving her Robitussin, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Well yesterday I knew she was not herself because she did not have fun at gymnastics. We went to see a movie afterwards and she seemed to be doing better. But when we got home Emma took a nap, DING DING DING, the child definitely was not feeling well!

After her nap she woke up freaking out because her ear hurt. Of course by this time it's after 4 in the afternoon, there's no way we're getting in to see the doctor. I call to talk to the nurse and she schedules an appointment for us at 6:30 at the after hours office.

Now this place is amazing!! We walk in at 6:27, the nurse calls us at 6:30, the doctor sees us at 6:33, and we are out the door at 6:42! Umm, hello can I schedule their well visits there??

Turns out she has an ear infection and lots of wax (my gift to my children, my terrible ears.) And her cough is slightly asthmatic so she needs to breathe on the nebulizer. Oh and she has eczema.

But for the bargain basement price of 20 bucks I got:
-8 free passes to Pump It Up
-12 doses of albuterol
-HELPFUL medical advice pertaining to earwax and eczema
-the joyful knowledge that I only spent 15 minutes at the doctor's office

I'm thinking somehow we won out on this one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The time I had to bring V with me to the Gyno-they had me in and out in 15, pap included!! Those are the best!

Kimberly said...

Poor Emma............but what a great doctor experience! I am not looking forward to starting my doctor search when we move. It is always a pain to try to find a doctor and location that I like.

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.