Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Maybe it's Karma

I got to thinking and maybe the whole idiot plumber thing is my own fault. You see, I did a bad thing. I scammed a free dishwasher. Of course I don't feel bad about it because the homebuiler probably charged 3 times its actual price, which means they still owe me another one. But I do believe that all things even out in the universe and maybe this is my comeuppance.

How did I scam a free dishwasher you ask? Let me tell you. I have a two year old who thinks the house is her personal jungle gym. She will climb on anything, jump on anything and it just so happens that she did both of those things to the dishwasher door while it was open one evening.
Now knowing full well this is not a "warrantable" issue, I did know it was an expensive issue. And it never hurts to try, right? So I called the appliance company to let them know that their door was coming off the hinge.

They sent out a repairman who looked it over. The whole time I am sweating bullets, because obviously he must know that something drastic has happened to the door. I'm just thinking how embarrassed am I gonna be when he calls me out and points to Kathryn sitting on the couch and yells GOTCHA! He looks at me and says,"Faulty welt. We're gonna order you a new dishwasher."

Well of course it MUST be a faulty welt! Because don't those dishwasher maker people know that moms like me have girls like her that are gonna jump on the door? And they should really be prepared for that sort of thing. I think it is a flaw in the design.

So I have convinced myself that it really wasn't our fault, it was theirs and I was entitled to a new dishwasher. Especially since I've had to wait so long for it and have done dishes for months wondering if the door was going to fall off the hinge and break my toes.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong. And the genius plumber was my punishment. But I've dealt with it and confessed and now all should be right in the universe again.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Keep those "all is right in the universe" thoughts, Miss Amy!

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.