Perhaps I am a bit partial, but really could she be any cuter?Today after dropping Abby off at horse camp and Emma and Alli at Parent's Day Out, it was just me and little K running some errands. As usual she had decided to talk my ear off in the car about her favorite subjects: the zoo, Taber, and her bear. She told me that Bear had a name.
Well what is it sweetie?
Malaka.
Excuse me, what did you say? Bianca?
No, Malaka, Malaka Bear.
It's a Greek word. Let's just say that I don't speak much Greek, but the words that I did pick up from my father aren't exactly words that I should be proud to know. And every now and then I will spew some off and think I am pulling one over on my girls.
Oh Kathryn, that's not a very pretty name. Why don't we call her Honey?
No, I like Malaka. Malaka, malaka, malaka...
Okay how about we watch a movie now?
You're dying to know what it means, aren't you?


6 comments:
Wow - that IS a bad word...at least you don't associate with anyone Greek - right? She is one tough cookie. Just think when she is older you can say, yeah, she was always kind of like that. She even named her bear "***" when she was three. We knew we had our hands full then."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malakas
Goodness, oh colorful speaker! hahahaha!
LOL! That is too funny! Thank goodness most people in the US would have to look it up to know what it really means!
Wow, Kathryn, you are learning so much at home--Tell mommy, that there is obvioulsy no reason to send you to preschool so she can back off on the potty training. Also, tell your new boyfriend that Jackson called him one of *those* and to step off his fiancee.
r u greek? do you even know what malaka means? it is a term of endearment...
Hey girl I haven't checked your blog in a while. Now I feel like I'm pretty in the know. I gotta think of you since our babies are turning three in a few days!!! Can't believe it. Do you love potty training as much as me?? Love your blog and you look great Penny! Come crash our bunco asap!! It's not the same without you!!
Post a Comment