Friday, June 8, 2007

Odds and Ends

Just various ramblings today...

We'll start with going to Costco yesterday. Can I tell you how in LOVE I am with Costco? Yesterday was the first time I really took a moment to look around and see all that they had to offer and I must say I can not wait to spend money there!! While I was there the traveling blender salesman was having his "show". Of course he would probably shoot me if he knew I was referring to his VitaMix 3000 (or whatever) as a blender. But we stopped because I was there at lunch and Kathryn and I were all about stocking up on free samples and he had some smoothies.


Well seeing that we were liking the smoothies he decided to show us how the miracle machine would make ice cream and I was quite impressed. But here is the kicker... it was HEALTHY ice cream. Yes the man threw all sorts of vegetables in there, cabbage, carrots, squash, and a few fruits. And honestly I didn't taste any veggies, it was really good. But I think I got my veggie quota for the month. Then he proceeds to amaze us with the fact that you can make tortilla soup in this bad boy as well. Okay this is a pretty cool machine! Price tag? 400 bucks! Yeah, not for a blender. But I did buy Photoshop, so Sarah I am ready for my tutorial when you are!


Today was the last day of Abby's horse camp, and let me tell you she had a BLAST!! What a fun week for her! She learned so much more about the care and keeping of horses, got to do several fun crafts including painting the HORSES, lots of water play, and she learned to canter. Way to go!! They had a horse show today to show off all their new skills and she did so AWESOME!! And she got the Sportsmanship Award for riding all week with a hole in her knee and not complaining at all. I did find it hilarious that every morning I thought I was doing my best Clara Barton impersonation by wrapping her knee, but apparently it was not good enough, because when I picked her up in the afternoons she was all wrapped up with horse tape!


Tonight Alli went with friends to play at Itz. It is the first time where I have actually entertained that the thought of her having a cell phone is not a bad idea. I dropped her off where there were about 15 kids but just 1 mom. I was just thinking what if something happened, like if those girls started being catty, or those boys tried to put an arm around her shoulder, or she just really missed me (yeah right). She would NEED to call me!! But then I realized she was in a group of 14 cell phones, so let her use their minutes! But she is growing up way too fast!


While Alli was having her fun, we took the rest of the fam to Lupe Tortilla. Now we LOVE this restaurant, but we LOVE the original location. The one where the sandbox is HUGE and you sit on the bleachers and watch your children play and wait two hours for a table, but hey you don't care because you are drunk because the margaritas ROCK! Well we went to the location on 249 with the itty-bitty sandbox and no place to sit and a 25 minute wait. But that's okay because we had margaritas and they ROCK! And the balloon lady was there, really what makes kids happier than the balloon lady? We got a monkey, a butterfly, and a toucan. Now that's talent!
Emma's cough is still driving us nuts! But every since the doctor busted out the "A" word I have noticed that she really seems to try and take a lot of deep breaths. Kinda scary when you think about it. Abby had asthma when she was young, but when we moved to McKinney, it all cleared up. So I guess it obviously runs in the family. But the one silver lining in all this, Albuterol knocks Miss Emma out! Thank God because I could really not handle her being any hyper than she already is!


Last but not least...the damn dog!! Yes since we were nice owners and took her lampshade off, she has decided to repay us by continually shaking her head and scratching her ear. Not really a good thing since there are droplets of blood all over my laundry room. But I think Steven sees things my way now, he called her a few choice words. Then he put his crude veterinary skills to work. That will learn her!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So I kept looking and looking at that photo of Steven and Kanga and then I SAW what he did to her...and just laughed and laughed out loud. Thanks for the laugh before bed.

JKMN said...

COSTCO is my absolute favorite place to shop. Great stuff and the best return policy anywhere. We are official addicts in our house, though I cannot let Kyle go there unsupervised.
And what are you doing to my poor granddog there???

 
Blog Masthead Design by JudithShakes Designs.